Original post by Lúcio
Jesus Christ Salah... 😂

What did he do?
2-0 Coutinho!
2-0 Coutinho

That’s a brilliant team goal
3-0 Salah!
I’ve missed us being able to finish. This is nice :smile:
Maribor wouldn't even last in the Championship to be honest, easiest 3 points of the whole season. Might aswell switch over to the Spurs and Madrid game.
Original post by samir12
Maribor wouldn't even last in the Championship to be honest, easiest 3 points of the whole season. Might aswell switch over to the Spurs and Madrid game.

Spartak just scored against Sevilla too :biggrin:
Maribor are having a horror show. It’s like a training exercise really.
Reply 5129
Original post by samir12

To be fair we drew 1-1 with them at their place back in 2014, although Hazard missed a penalty. 6-0 at home though.

They're an ok side - think we knocked out Celtic a couple of years ago
4-0 Salah!
5-0 Firmino!
Reply 5132
You know you've had a bad night when Chamberlain scores against you.
Reply 5133
What a day for Liverpool, albeit against Maribor.

Sevilla lose 5-1 to Spartak as well.
Maribor 0-7 Liverpool
Spartak 5-1 Sevilla

What the hell happened in this group tonight? 😂
It’s not actually a good result either because now both Spartak and Sevilla are a threat.

The good thing, though is that we’ve already played two away games. We just need to avoid defeat away to Sevilla (easier said than done) and win at home to Spartak and Maribor (lol).
7-0 our biggest away win in Europe. Also biggest away win margin in Euorpean Cup/CL by English team.
They put up less of a challenge than Fleetwood Town away in pre-season last year.
Original post by Lúcio
Maribor 0-7 Liverpool
Spartak 5-1 Sevilla

What the hell happened in this group tonight? 😂
It’s not actually a good result either because now both Spartak and Sevilla are a threat.

The good thing, though is that we’ve already played two away games. We just need to avoid defeat away to Sevilla (easier said than done) and win at home to Spartak and Maribor (lol).

Surprised by that other result. I guess all we can do is look to beat Maribor at home and then see the other result. Seville away is the 5th game and then Spartak at home for the final game. Makes it look like we're going to be looking at the final game to see if we qualify from the group?
Original post by Lúcio
Absolutely hate going in to International breaks with a bad result so it's really important we win tomorrow.

City dropped points today and either Arsenal or Spurs (or both) will tomorrow. What an opportunity this is for us to start to consolidate ourselves in the "top 4".

Let's not forget first and foremost that we need to be getting ourselves in to a top 4 place. Yes I agree that things are looking good so far for a title challenge but there's so long to go. A few injuries and our entire system falls apart so we just need to stay vigilant and not expect too much.

As far as tomorrow goes - Watford are a good side with an interesting defensive set-up that's seeing success, however they won't have faced a side like us this season. I don't expect us to keep a clean sheet (obviously) but I'd consider this easier than having to beat Crystal Palace away. Let's not be complacent and we should have a good day...

Come on spurs down with the gunners
(edited 6 years ago)
Mignolet, Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Henderson, Milner, Can, Salah, Firmino, Coutinho.

Subs: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Klavan, Grujic, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Solanke, Sturridge

Latest