The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In

subbed
Reply 2
Micheal Edwards set to be the 1st sporting director at LFC. Will foresee new signings at 1st team and academy and contract extensions.
Reply 3
Original post by mr tim
Micheal Edwards set to be the 1st sporting director at LFC. Will foresee new signings at 1st team and academy and contract extensions.

Been at the club for 5 years. Only 37 years old.

Was appointed when Comolli was here as head of analytics but then later became part of the transfer committee when Rodgers was in charge.

Interesting promotion. Klopp must like him otherwise I'd be surprised with one individual getting such a step up. He'll take over some part of the role that Ayre did such as player contracts.
In
Reply 5
In

Maybe this will be the thread showcasing the season where we return to the Champions League (or more?)
Reply 6
Original post by mr tim

I feel like you've been storing this information like a robot until a new thread was made 😂
In
Reply 9
Out, shake it all about
Ooooh, new thread
Threads don't end with a bang anymore :moon:
In

Soo looking forward to this year.
Reply 13
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1478345773.339201.jpg

:smile:
In :smile:
Reply 15
City concede in the last minute to draw at home to Middlesborough 😂

Arsenal playing Spurs too - could we actually be top by the end of the weekend? :redface:
Reply 16
Original post by Lúcio
City concede in the last minute to draw at home to Middlesborough 😂

Arsenal playing Spurs too - could we actually be top by the end of the weekend? :redface:

Quite pleased to see Man City drop 2 valuable points at home to Boro.

I think it puts a lot more pressure on us since we'll know we need to win but hopefully Klopp has the players firing.

Chelsea could leap-frog Man City after this game.
You see, Boro are not easy to play against.
Reply 18
Absolutely hate going in to International breaks with a bad result so it's really important we win tomorrow.

City dropped points today and either Arsenal or Spurs (or both) will tomorrow. What an opportunity this is for us to start to consolidate ourselves in the "top 4".

Let's not forget first and foremost that we need to be getting ourselves in to a top 4 place. Yes I agree that things are looking good so far for a title challenge but there's so long to go. A few injuries and our entire system falls apart so we just need to stay vigilant and not expect too much.

As far as tomorrow goes - Watford are a good side with an interesting defensive set-up that's seeing success, however they won't have faced a side like us this season. I don't expect us to keep a clean sheet (obviously) but I'd consider this easier than having to beat Crystal Palace away. Let's not be complacent and we should have a good day...
Reply 19
Going to be an interesting season with so many clubs with similar points even this early in the season.

The only changes I expect this game would be Milner coming in for Moreno and whether Can or Wijnaldum will play.

At home so everyone will expect us to win but Watford have a better record away than at home. Deeney and Ighalo have been relatively quiet this season so wouldn't be surprising if they score a ridiculous goal today.

We've been cutting open teams at will so hopefully we can carry it on.

Could be a huge boost to be top of the table over the international break.

Latest