The Student Room Group

Business and Administation Diploma Level 3

Hi Everybody, I wondered if anybody could possibly help me with a question I am stuck on please. I am doing Unit 1: Communicate in a business environment

1.1 Analyse the communication needs of internal and external stakeholders

I understand what the difference between an internal and external stakeholders are i.e customers, managers, customers etc but I cannot identify what their communication needs are. I know we communicate with different methods i.e email, letters etc but it's the needs I am really stuck on. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by louise_blaylock
Hi Everybody, I wondered if anybody could possibly help me with a question I am stuck on please. I am doing Unit 1: Communicate in a business environment

1.1 Analyse the communication needs of internal and external stakeholders

I understand what the difference between an internal and external stakeholders are i.e customers, managers, customers etc but I cannot identify what their communication needs are. I know we communicate with different methods i.e email, letters etc but it's the needs I am really stuck on. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

I would come away from the idea of emails and letters and focus more on why these communications differ, and what purpose they serve.

For example, it is important that the company objectives are clearly communicated with internal stakeholders in order to achieve success. And it's important to communicate a clear CSR message to external stakeholders to highlight that the firm is ethical and places an emphasis on sustainability.

Of course, there's more to it than this, but I thought I'd get you on the right track!

Both these links will help you out:

Internal: http://businesscasestudies.co.uk/bernard-matthews/communicating-with-stakeholders/communicating-with-internal-stakeholders.html#axzz4PVmk72gP

External: http://businesscasestudies.co.uk/bernard-matthews/communicating-with-stakeholders/communicating-with-external-stakeholders.html#axzz4PVmk72gP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending