The Student Room Group

International Student from Bulgaria looking for some answers

Name: Nikolay
Course: Computer Science
Where? Strathclyde, Aberdeen, Robert Gordon, Edinburgh Napier, (Yet to decide last choice)
Diploma za sredno obrazovanie- Bulgaria: 5.8 comapred to A levels it is :
AAB( from what I have found)
Offers? Need to apply first

Here is a quick "introduction" to the course I want to apply for. The thing is that from my choices only two universities have listed requirements for Bulgarian students.
I have written emails but for some reason they are being quite held.
So my question is, can someone who has quite some knowledge in this area, tell me if my Diploma which I am going to aquire is actually AAB in A levels standarts. I want to note that I have staright A in Mathematics, Physics and Biology thoughout the years
Is it actually enough to get me in these universities in your opinion.
Everyone is free to comment and give opinion. As a newcomer I would love to hear statements from as many people as possible.
Thank you! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nollinex
Name: Nikolay
Course: Computer Science
Where? Strathclyde, Aberdeen, Robert Gordon, Edinburgh Napier, (Yet to decide last choice)
Diploma za sredno obrazovanie- Bulgaria: 5.8 comapred to A levels it is :
AAB( from what I have found)
Offers? Need to apply first

Here is a quick "introduction" to the course I want to apply for. The thing is that from my choices only two universities have listed requirements for Bulgarian students.
I have written emails but for some reason they are being quite held.
So my question is, can someone who has quite some knowledge in this area, tell me if my Diploma which I am going to aquire is actually AAB in A levels standarts. I want to note that I have staright A in Mathematics, Physics and Biology thoughout the years
Is it actually enough to get me in these universities in your opinion.
Everyone is free to comment and give opinion. As a newcomer I would love to hear statements from as many people as possible.
Thank you! :smile:

Sorry not sure what you mean by 'being quite held'. Entry requirements are down to each individual university, so its up to them what they see as equivalent to AAB.
Здравей! Не знам дали е позволено тук да се пише на български, но и аз кандидатствам тази година, макар и при други университети. Мисля че с диплома от 5.80 можеш да стигнеш много по-високо от тези университети. Примерно Surrey имат много хубав департамент по компютърни науки, а ако търсиш евтино откъм начин на живот - Hull е твоят избор. Но пък, ако наистина искаш да влезеш в гореизброените университети, и по-конкретно в Шотландия, пробвай в St. Andrews.

Translation compliance:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
Translation please. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! I am not sure if it is allowed to write in Bulgarian but I am applying this year as well, althought in diffrent universities from yours. I think that with Diploma 5.8 you can apply for unis with higher requirements. For example Surrey, they have very good department for CS but if you are looking for something cheaper try Hull. Although if you really want to enter in the unis you have listed, exactly in Scotland, try St. Andrews
Original post by jneill

(It's just a TSR rule that non-English posts are fine but also need an English translation)

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be aware of that from now on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending