The Student Room Group

AQA AS Geography new 7036 - 16 & 19 May 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

can someone let me know what was in the as papers as i do the new geogrpahy spec but we dont sit as we jsut sit it all at the end of the two years ?????
hey,

i did coastal processes and hazards.

in coastal processes you had to analyse if humans had more impact in shaping the coast more than natural processes, constructive wave description

In the hazards section how past and current developments effects the scale of imparct, and does volcanic hazards cause more destruction that volcanic hazards.
did anyone do water and carbon cycle? and how did you find it?
Original post by Kpopgyal
did anyone do water and carbon cycle? and how did you find it?

Yeah I did...
We had questions on:
- The Human Impacts on Drainage Basins.
- Whether Changes to the Carbon Cycle Affect Severe Storm Events.
- The Role of Photosynthesis in the Carbon Cycle

Can't remember the rest but was not too bad.

I'm stuffed for tomorrow though, changing places is horrible and not sure how to revise it.
Reply 44
Original post by BenSainsbury
Yeah I did...
We had questions on:
- The Human Impacts on Drainage Basins.
- Whether Changes to the Carbon Cycle Affect Severe Storm Events.
- The Role of Photosynthesis in the Carbon Cycle

Can't remember the rest but was not too bad.

I'm stuffed for tomorrow though, changing places is horrible and not sure how to revise it.

Are you on the new exam board ? We've already had changing places how does that work😂😂
Original post by Izzy02
Are you on the new exam board ? We've already had changing places how does that work😂😂

What do you mean you've already done changing places, you've scared me!
But yeah the new exam specification. The Geography Paper 2 is tomorrow?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by BenSainsbury
What do you mean you've already done changing places, you've scared me!
But yeah the new exam specification. The Geography Paper for is tomorrow?

I did changing places on Tuesday along with coasts😂 Do you do fieldwork also? What exam board are you on ? I'm doing geographical debates: hazardous earth tomorrow!!!
Original post by Izzy02
I did changing places on Tuesday along with coasts😂 Do you do fieldwork also? What exam board are you on ? I'm doing geographical debates: hazardous earth tomorrow!!!

Ah right well I'm doing AQA as the title suggests. But yes we do fieldwork but that's included in our Paper 2.
Hi, For the field work investigation enquiry we did scarborough and Hornsea for physical and human.

Is it possible to use scarborough in my changing places exam aswell and use it as my distant place study.

Would i be able to get away with it.
Original post by Brooko1256
Hi, For the field work investigation enquiry we did scarborough and Hornsea for physical and human.

Is it possible to use scarborough in my changing places exam aswell and use it as my distant place study.

Would i be able to get away with it.

Well i wouldn't see why you wouldn't be able too. As long as you know enough about Scarborough in context of the changing places questions then no problem!
Original post by Izzy02

how did you find it
Changing Places is the most pointless thing going, just saying.
For the peeps who have done this exam (I'll be tested on carbon and water cycle, urban environments and coasts for my end f years next week) is the test a completely unseen paper your teachers have been given or a bunch of collated past paper questions? Do u think I'll get the same paper? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck today everyone, Im pretty ****ed but never mind.
Original post by londonisred8
For the peeps who have done this exam (I'll be tested on carbon and water cycle, urban environments and coasts for my end f years next week) is the test a completely unseen paper your teachers have been given or a bunch of collated past paper questions? Do u think I'll get the same paper? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

They may use the AS exam paper that we have done or it may be a specimen paper.
Good luck guys, partially not worried as I liked paper 1, but at the same time changing places. Uhhh
Luckily I kinda revised standard deviation or I would of literally died 😌😭😳😂😂
Concentrated so much on the 20 marker completely forgot about the 9 marker F*** :frown:
Original post by Mlb37
hey, I'm doing the new a level too...
I'm currently doing changing places and I have a project to do (basically a 3000 word case study essay type thing) about 2 places... I have loads of data for both places but my teacher hasn't given a title or anything??? So I'm struggling with it. I wondered if anyone has done anything similar?

Also has anyone started fieldwork yet?

I'm just about to start my field work, I will either be doing in about Changing Places or Coasts, which I'll decided after our field trip to the coast ( we've already been to East London , Stratford in particular). How do you even answer the changing places Exam questions!? I can hit 16/17 marks on the 20 markers but have you seen the specimen paper where there is literally two pictures of rivers and asking how they show economic change? 😂
Did anyone finish, I got like nowhere near the end

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending