The Student Room Group

Should I use the old specification papers to revise for my maths mocks?

I have a maths mock on Wednesday and its a calculator paper. I am in year 11 and its going to be based on the new 9-1 exams (I'm on edexcel if that helps?)

I'm not sure whether it would be worth doing a past paper from the old spec? I'm supposed to be doing the foundation paper next year in the summer for my gcses.
Original post by JackT2000
I have a maths mock on Wednesday and its a calculator paper. I am in year 11 and its going to be based on the new 9-1 exams (I'm on edexcel if that helps?)

I'm not sure whether it would be worth doing a past paper from the old spec? I'm supposed to be doing the foundation paper next year in the summer for my gcses.

While the specification has changed a bit and there are extra topics added to foundation, most of the maths is still the same and doing old specification papers for practice will help your preparation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
While the specification has changed a bit and there are extra topics added to foundation, most of the maths is still the same and doing old specification papers for practice will help your preparation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure what paper to do the foundation or higher one?
I'm not sure what paper to do the foundation or higher one?

No point doing higher if your mock is at foundation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
No point doing higher if your mock is at foundation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok I'm not sure what paper to choose?

I've been given a topic list for the topics that will be in the paper by my teacher
Ok I'm not sure what paper to choose?

I've been given a topic list for the topics that will be in the paper by my teacher

It doesn't matter which paper you choose, any practice is good practice.
If you just want to revise topics from the list then you will find exam style questions on the mathsgenie.co.uk website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
If you just want to revise topics from the list then you will find exam style questions on the mathsgenie.co.uk website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I will try that

Quick Reply

Latest