The Student Room Group

a-level economics?

I'm unsure if I should take economics.. is it a enjoyable subject?
Original post by AliceGeorgia

Depends what you find enjoyable.
Lol enjoyable my @ss. You might like it if you have good teachers or aren't doing a lot of hard subjects e.g. I'm doing chem, bio and maths.

I honestly think the subject will do jacksh*t when it comes to getting a career/job. It's basically business.

But there are some parts that I really found interesting. E.g. presenting and also the interesting practical bits which proves theories e.g. government intervention and market failure.

If I wasn't busy with my other alevels I would have continued with the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
its very hard!!
Original post by shohaib712
Lol enjoyable my @ss. You might like it if you have good teachers or aren't doing a lot of hard subjects e.g. I'm doing chem, bio and maths.

I honestly think the subject will do jacksh*t when it comes to getting a career/job. It's basically business.

But there are some parts that I really found interesting. E.g. presenting and also the interesting practical bits which proves theories e.g. government intervention and market failure.

If I wasn't busy with my other alevels I would have continued with the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This couldn't be any more wrong. The subject clearly would do something if someone wanted a career/degree in economics/finance/business and you would struggle without doing it at A level. Also, it is nothing like business and the two hardly even compare, especially difficulty wise. You can't see if a subject is enjoyable or not as it is an opinion and will obviously vary between different people. I found economics extremely fun where as I thought Chemistry and Maths were fairly boring and plain; it is subjective.
LOVE IT. Its the easiest thing ever.
I really enjoy economics!! Its great if you are interested in the more finacial side of business or if you are juts interested in everyday life! Once you sstart the course you can apply it to every day habits its just great.
Reply 7
Original post by AliceGeorgia

NO do not take it, its so boring and you just get so demotivated to revise, also if your taking it because you think its similar to business you are wrong i dropped it after a month.
Original post by GCSE2016Troop
This couldn't be any more wrong. The subject clearly would do something if someone wanted a career/degree in economics/finance/business and you would struggle without doing it at A level. Also, it is nothing like business and the two hardly even compare, especially difficulty wise. You can't see if a subject is enjoyable or not as it is an opinion and will obviously vary between different people. I found economics extremely fun where as I thought Chemistry and Maths were fairly boring and plain; it is subjective.

Maths is obviously boring (only chosedut because its a well known subject.) but chemistry is amazing!!!!! (except the boring calculations bit).

The economics exams are piss easy compared to biology/chemstry. But its really hard to understand/learn the topics, personally.

I didn't take any gcse's that relate to economics such as Business so I found it realy hard/boring to lean/
Original post by shohaib712
Lets be honest the only job in that field that would provide a normal income is banking. But the odds of becoming a banker is extremely high compared to most jobs + depends on links/personality.

Some poeple who get jobs as bankers dont even waste their time on a degree and get an apprenticeship straight after GCSE's

The other jobs avialable in this field is either becoming a teacher (EWWW F*CK NO!) or possibly accounting. But lets be really everyone is trying to chase this career, recently like crazy ass nigerians! They all think that they will get Paid really well but thats only with private/ well known companies. And lets be rell there aint enough of them to provide life support for every accounting nigg@!

Thats why you should stick with subjects that will definitely provide a good range of rich @ss career paths that have decent odds e.g. science based subjects (you could go into: medicine physics, pharmacy, dentistry,chemistry, astrophysics, engineering etc...)

So you're telling me that the only 'rich @ss paths' are science related lmfao. five out of the 10 highest paid jobs of 2015 were finance/business etc related where as only 1 out of the 10 were related to science which was a surgeon. I think you have been mislead and should really go read up on careers. All those careers you are mentioning yes do provide a guarenteed steady income however there is no opportunity or chance that you will earn a substantial amount with say being a doctor or dentist. Yes they are extremely good jobs but there isn't much of a ladder to climb to earn more and more money. The fact that you believe that only people that do science based subjects at A level will go into the proclaimed 'rich @ss career paths' honestly sounds extremely dumb and I think you should re-evaluate what you said lmao. I'd love to see the statistic to how many millionaires/billionaires have a science related degree lol
Just banter lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest