The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Urgent Help : A Levels for Bsc Economics at LSE

I am doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths for A Level, but I am doing extracurriculars to do with LSE like work experience at Morgan Stanley and reading around the subject and taking courses in Economics. Could I still get in with no essay based subjects or will I be at a disadvantage compared with the others ?? I have the option to switch Biology for Economics but I would rather not if not 100% necessary.
Original post by ounch
I am doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths for A Level, but I am doing extracurriculars to do with LSE like work experience at Morgan Stanley and reading around the subject and taking courses in Economics. Could I still get in with no essay based subjects or will I be at a disadvantage compared with the others ?? I have the option to switch Biology for Economics but I would rather not if not 100% necessary.

Your A-Levels are good, the only requirement is further maths, and they don't require A-Level Economics.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Your A-Levels are good, the only requirement is further maths, and they don't require A-Level Economics.

I saw that it said an essay-based subject would be preferred so I am thinking that if I apply for a pure economics bsc I would be put at a disadvantage !
Original post by ounch
I saw that it said an essay-based subject would be preferred so I am thinking that if I apply for a pure economics bsc I would be put at a disadvantage !

Ah yeah probably replace bio with economics, its not too late into the year u can easily catch up
Original post by ounch

In December 2018, my cousin from a grammar school in Essex got an offer of A*AA for LSE BSc Economics, which stipulated the A star grade should be in A-Level Maths. Although he already had achieved an A grade in AS-Level Economics at A grade. However, his grammar school did not offer A-Level Economics. So you could at least try to do AS-Level Economics as well as A-Level Biology. 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending