The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Your best bet is (as Pencil Queen said) to get a hold of the project specification from the website if you haven't already been given one by your teacher and make yourself some strong coffee. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Reply 41
Daveo
I have done 3 IT projects in the last 3yrs before UNI!

My first was a GCSE major project which was 20000words long! I did the whole project on the sunday before i had to hand it in i worked for 23hrs solid. - got 103/105 for that

My second was an AS project using a spreadsheet which i did 200pages in a day and a half. - got a high A for that

And my A2 project was a database and i did 300pages in a weekend! ONE WEEKEND! and i got an A for that.

I always leave it till the last minute cos i work loads better under severe pressure.

ok...i have 20 pages so far lol, how the HELL do u get it to be 300 pages long. im really just..stuck on it, really cant get the motivation to do it anymore. I hate it! Im doing stock control management system. And i need a C...dont think il get it somehow!
Reply 42
kita
ok...i have 20 pages so far lol, how the HELL do u get it to be 300 pages long. im really just..stuck on it, really cant get the motivation to do it anymore. I hate it! Im doing stock control management system. And i need a C...dont think il get it somehow!

Well i just typed continuously for ages and ages and did loads of highlighted print outs and stuff! I got really really really stressed about it all but then wen i sat down and bothered to make an attempt i managed to do it really quick!
I had no motivation all year hence leaving it! my only motivation was that i'd fail if i didnt hand it in.
Reply 43
Daveo
Well i just typed continuously for ages and ages and did loads of highlighted print outs and stuff! I got really really really stressed about it all but then wen i sat down and bothered to make an attempt i managed to do it really quick!
I had no motivation all year hence leaving it! my only motivation was that i'd fail if i didnt hand it in.

Im getting scared cos i just cant be bothered 2 get on with it at all. Dont know wot to write lol, maybe il get on with it soonish...me hopes...
My motivation was that if I didn't get it done I'd be in deeeeep doo-doo. :P
Pencil Queen
If your teacher hasn't given you the project spec visit the ocr website (http://www.ocr.org.uk ) and find the documents for A level ICT they're here but the link's probably too long to work

Also have a look at amazon for help manuals: eg this one £15 for a lot of help. - oops thats a GCSE book but there should be something that will help you do your coursework.

i say! thnx 4 ur help! im very very thankful....
Reply 46
shah19
im using microsoft access 2000 i need a macro to calculate the total pirce of an order

Hi Shah you need to do two things. Create a query and add the fields that include the Qty and Price. Add a new field as follows: TotalCost:Qty*Price This will work out the total cost for each record in the table by multiplying the Qty by the Price. Save that query. When you do your report make sure it is based on that query. In the report footer add a new field click into it and type =sum([TotalCost]).

Hope that helps
Reply 47
lilmiss_t
I am starting to work towards my second I.C.T project which is basically to find an organization and create a database for the. I hae found an organization but i am finding it hard to find any resources to help me online. I am having the most trouble in creating interview questions and the analysis stage.

You need to find out exactly what the current system does. Who, what, why, when, how often, how long does data stay in the system until it is deleted. Is it archived and if so, for how long. Also try to find out what is wrong with the current system. Why do they want to change it, what are the problems. Your new system should eliminate these problems so you need to find out as much as possible. The main mistake people make is meeting the user once and never going back to ask more questions. Meet the user, type up your findings, take them back and ask if you have it right. It is amazing how many mistakes are made in building new systems simply because the designer doesn't go back to the user to see if their interpretation of the user needs is correct. Also prototype your system. As you get each part of the system working let the user try it and document their thoughts. If they want changes made it is easier to do it as small parts are built rather than right at the end.
Reply 48
Daveo

And my A2 project was a database and i did 300pages in a weekend! ONE WEEKEND! and i got an A for that.

Mines at 112 pages atm, alot of it is code but I was told to only print out so much, I take it at 300 pages you printed every peice of code you did?

TBH mines long enough to not even bother to read, and at 300 pages I think the examining board saw the length and didn't bother to even open it :wink:
Reply 49
well my A2 cwork has to be in tomoro and i have 20 pages done. I have no idea what to do and the sample project is far too detailed according to our a$$hole teacher :frown::frown: I got 115/120 last year as we had a cool teacher and it was on a website not a stupid database ( i own my own web design company :wink: ) yawn.. its 22.45 wonder if i could get 1 from one of last years students ... sigh im screwed.

Latest

Trending

Trending