The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Should I firm Sussex instead or risk it and go for Loughborough or Birmingham?

Basically I got an offer from Sussex and they gave me AAB but ABB unless I firm it. I was hoping they would offer me ABB so I could put it down as my insurance. But now if I don't put it firm it will be AAB, which is same as Birmingham and Loughborough (which were my top 2). The course at Sussex looks good and I like the location. But I am dissaponted with the offer they gave as I wanted to put them as an insurance. Now I am considering putting Liverpool as my insurance - which offered me ABB.
What should I do? Should I firm it and take ABB from Sussex? Is it risky going for the firm option of AAB from Birmingham ior Loughborough? Should I choose Liverpool as insurance over Sussex? Or should I risk it and put Sussex as insurance hoping they would offer me ABB instead of required AAB if I mess up in the summer?

Give me your point of view and recommendations. Thanks
Reply 1
I got the same offer from Sussex for International Development 😄 I think Sussex are trying to avoid top students placing them as insurance by only giving the lower offer if they're firmed, I reckon that really they are just looking for ABB so you might be okay putting them as insurance. However, if come results you got ABB and your course is already full at Sussex then you are not guaranteed a place. It's ultimately up to you but I would recommend putting your genuine favourite uni as your firm regardless of grades and perhaps put Liverpool down as the insurance if you think there's a fair chance you'll miss your firm offer to avoid risking it.
(edited 7 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
I’m in a similar situation. Five years on, I wonder what you did!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending