The Student Room Group

British woman jailed in Iran must take her two-year-old daughter into prison with her

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cato the Elder
Saudi Arabia is vile, but the Islamic Republic of Iran is a greater threat. Besides, Saudi Arabia is helping to kill Houthi terrorists in Yemen, so I'm happy with us selling them arms.

You care more about the Houthis in Yemen than the Salafi-Jihadists in Syria/Iraq that have beheaded Western journalists/aid-workers and pose a direct threat to the West?

The same Salafi-Jihadists that Saudi Arabia are known to fund/support? The Saudi Government are not "terrorists" for the purposes of selling them billions of pounds of military equipment (such as barrel bombs) which they use in breach of international law, yet the Iranian Government are "terrorists" for the purposes of discharging debts owed to them under a contract the British Government voluntarily entered into. Interesting logic.

I think we've played soft-ball with the mullahs for long enough.

The most devastating sanctions regime in modern history is "soft-ball"?

It's pretty clear you have some strange obsession with Iran and are simply a pretty dumb genocidal maniac, to be frank.
Original post by amhassanzadeh
Greater threat? To who? You?

Did Khamene'i threaten you recently?

So you oppose those who don't have the greatest human rights according to you but you're being supportive of Britain who is selling arms to Saudi with Saudi not only attacking Houthi Rebels but INNOCENT Yemeni mothers, children and men in the process. With a death toll increasingly rising and you're supporting giving arms to a country that execute with swords in public and put heads on a stick and parade them around.

Sheer Hypocrisy.

It's called realpolitik.

I hate both the Islamic Republic of Iran and Saudi Arabia, but the nature of diplomacy means we have to choose the lesser of two evils as an ally for the time-being. Was it hypocritical when we allied with the Soviet Union to defeat Nazi Germany, or were we just being realistic and smart enough to realise that Hitler was the immediate threat?

Saudi Arabia's government is vile, fascistic, barbarous and despicable. Iran at least has a large, secular, liberal-minded, population which loathes the mullahs, and I appreciate and respect that. I am not at all suggesting we bomb Iran or invade their country.

However, if you understood foreign policy, you'd know that Saudi Arabia, in terms of its ability to spread terrorism, is less of an long-term threat than Iran. I'd rather not derail this thread and divert attention from the poor woman imprisoned by the barbarous Iranian government, but it's very interesting if you think about it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
SJW morons do not actually care about real tragedies like this one.

Wait so being anti brexit, anti Trump and pro BLM makes you an SJW? lol.
Saudi Arabia is vile, but the Islamic Republic of Iran is a greater threat. Besides, Saudi Arabia is helping to kill Houthi terrorists in Yemen, so I'm happy with us selling them arms.

Houthi's and their supporters make up 45% of yemen, are they all terrorists because they defied there western backed government? Idiot.
Greater threat? To who? You?

Did Khamene'i threaten you recently?

He's some BICOM/FDD shill obsessed with Iran. It's pretty funny how much of a man-child he is with his infantile references to "satanic", "terrorists" (as though that was an argument in itself), "blood", etc.

He used to describe himself as a "Persophile" and lust about how great the Shah was and how we need to invade Iran to overthrow the Mullahs (although he did concede that that wasn't a good idea in the end).

So you think we should negotiate with terrorists.

You throw about words like "terrorists" as though they actually mean something, then pretend to be engaged in some "realpolitik". Negotiating with "terrorists" is the most realpolitik thing possible, you man-child (indeed, we have no problems selling them weapons and render ourselves complicit in breaches of international law in Yemen).
It's called realpolitik.

I hate both the Islamic Republic of Iran and Saudi Arabia, but the nature of diplomacy means we have to choose the lesser of two evils as an ally for the time-being. Was it hypocritical when we allied with the Soviet Union to defeat Nazi Germany, or were we just being realistic and smart enough to realise that Hitler was the immediate threat?

Saudi Arabia's government is vile, fascistic, barbarous and despicable. Iran at least has a large, secular, liberal-minded, population which loathes the mullahs, and I appreciate and respect that. I am not at all suggesting we bomb Iran or invade their country.

However, if you understood foreign policy, you'd know that Saudi Arabia, in terms of its ability to spread terrorism, is less of an immediate threat than Iran. I'd rather not derail this thread and divert attention from the poor woman imprisoned by the barbarous Iranian government, but it's very interesting if you think about it.

Iran is only a threat to you because Iranians don't respect Britain or America and the evils committed by these countries worldwide not just in recent years but spanning decades.

Saudi Arabia uses it's money to fund the Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard libraries with books written by their well respected Salafist/Wahabi Scholars such as Ibn Taymiyyah who say killing the Shia's and Christians is permissible. Also, last time I checked Iran has no such books.

The Western Superpowers- namely the USA and UK cannot stand the fact that Iran, Russia, China etc doesn't conform to their wishes like the rest of the world does so they promote filth propaganda to scare the masses into thinking these countries are the biggest threat to humanity whilst supporting the real enemies of humanity (Saudi etc)
They are a terrorist organisation, whether you like it or not. They are a terrorist organisation which hates America and wants to kill Jews. They are vile, fascistic thugs. I don't care how many Yemenis support them. Any Yemeni that supports them is an idiot that deserves to be droned along with their Houthi heroes.

So according to you millions of Yemeni's should be droned as they oppose your views. You sound like a Nazi.
Original post by IdeasForWife.
So according to you millions of Yemeni's should be droned as they oppose your views. You sound like a Nazi.

The Houthis are the Nazis.

You don't appear to know who the Houthis are. If you think they're so great, why don't you board a plane to Yemen and fight alongside them? You can kill Jews and Americans together with your Houthi heroes.

Saudi Arabia uses it's money to fund the Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard libraries with books written by their well respected Salafist/Wahabi Scholars such as Ibn Taymiyyah who say killing the Shia's and Christians is permissible. Also, last time I checked Iran has no such books.

Indeed, even Hillary Clinton has pointed out Saudi's support for the Islamic State and other Sunni terrorist groups:

donors in Saudi Arabia constitute the most significant source of funding to Sunni terrorist groups worldwide... We need to use our diplomatic and more traditional intelligence assets to bring pressure on the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, which are providing clandestine financial and logistic support to Isis and other radical groups in the region.

Saudi Arabia's toxic spread of Wahhabism throughout the world is well-documented, and even the European Parliament have recognised Saudi's global funding of Wahhabism as 'the main source of global terrorism'.

The Saudis have spent over $100 billion on exporting their violent brand of Wahhabi Islam across the globe (and particularly to smaller Islamic nations such as Indonesia) over the past three decades. To give some context, the Soviets spent $7 billion in spreading communism from 1921-1991.

Indeed, just the other week German intelligence agencies leaked a memo expressing their concern about the effect of Saudi-funded mosques radicalising Muslims inside Germany. This has also been seen in the U.K..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-yousaf-butt-/saudi-wahhabism-islam-terrorism_b_6501916.html
http://www.newstatesman.com/world-affairs/2014/11/wahhabism-isis-how-saudi-arabia-exported-main-source-global-terrorism
http://fpif.org/exactly-saudi-arabia-fund-spread-wahhabism/
http://www.mintpressnews.com/time-of-looking-away-over-germany-warns-saudi-arabia-to-stop-funding-radical-islamists/211859/
The Houthis are the Nazis.

You don't appear to know who the Houthis are. If you think they're so great, why don't you board a plane to Yemen and fight alongside them? You can kill Jews and Americans together with your Houthi heroes.

Yemen has a blockade imposed by Saudi Arabia.

No, i don't want to kill anyone as i'm not a phsycopath like you.
Iran is only a threat to you because Iranians don't respect Britain or America and the evils committed by these countries worldwide not just in recent years but spanning decades.

Evils including?

You're not wrong. However, Iran has a global terrorist network more sophisticated than that of Saudi Arabia. Iran's Revolutionary Guards have no Saudi equivalent, and Tehran is uniquely equipped to spread terrorism throughout the Middle East. Saudi Arabia's military is something of a shambles in comparison. Why do you think they're having such a hard time killing the Houthis? All the Saudis really have is oil money. Iran has the oil money and the hard power to actually spread its gospel of hate and oppression. Hence why it is gaining influence in the Middle East, and practically controls the Iraqi, Syrian and Lebanese (and almost the Yemeni) government.

The Western Superpowers- namely the USA and UK cannot stand the fact that Iran, Russia, China etc doesn't conform to their wishes like the rest of the world does so they promote filth propaganda to scare the masses into thinking these countries are the biggest threat to humanity whilst supporting the real enemies of humanity (Saudi etc)

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think any conversation is possible with a conspiracy theorist.

"Our problems are with Zionism and the occupation of Palestine, but Jews here have nothing to fear," said Fadl Abu Taleb, a spokesman for the Houthis.

The Houthis haven't killed a single Jew... Yet this man-child compares them to the Nazis who killed 6 million Jews. Calling every group he dislikes Nazis is a disgusting trivialisation of the real horrors Jews suffered at the hands of the Nazis.

I'm a psychopath because I want to kill terrorists?

You're being extremely dishonest. You just apologised for a terrorist organisation, on a student forum, saying that they were supported by 45% of Yemenis (not sure where you got that figure from) and that they are only terrorists because the West says they are (so you don't see them as terrorists from an objective point of view). Imagine if someone said that about a Sunni terrorist group like al-Qaeda. Would you think differently?

Don't be a coward. Admit that you sympathise with, or support, the Houthis, a terrorist organisation funded by Iran that hates Jews and the United States.
Original post by Palmyra
"Our problems are with Zionism and the occupation of Palestine, but Jews here have nothing to fear," said Fadl Abu Taleb, a spokesman for the Houthis.

The Houthis haven't killed a single Jew... Yet this man-child compares them to the Nazis who killed 6 million Jews. Calling every group he dislikes Nazis is a disgusting trivialisation of the real horrors Jews suffers at the hands of the Nazis.

''God is great''
''Death to America''
''Death to Israel''
''Curse on the Jews''
''Victory to Islam''

To be honest I don't care, they're not exactly gonna do much and pose zero danger compared with global Salafism.
It's called realpolitik.

Ahh, Godwin's Law. How right you were.
They are a terrorist organisation, whether you like it or not. They are a terrorist organisation which hates America and wants to kill Jews. They are vile, fascistic thugs. I don't care how many Yemenis support them. Any Yemeni that supports them is an idiot that deserves to be droned along with their Houthi heroes.

Half of /pol/ wants to kill Jews, does that mean they're gonna do it?
Original post by Palmyra

The Houthis haven't killed a single Jew... Yet this man-child compares them to the Nazis who killed 6 million Jews. Calling every group he dislikes Nazis is a disgusting trivialisation of the real horrors Jews suffered at the hands of the Nazis.

I'm afraid that "spokesman" was telling a bit fate lie.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/19/world/middleeast/persecution-defines-life-for-yemens-few-jews.html?_r=2
http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/260440/irans-houthis-yemen-order-jews-convert-islam-or-daniel-greenfield

Are you saying that if a group has Nazi-like ideology, they cannot be condemned as Nazis unless they kill as many Jews as the Nazis did? Weird logic.
Original post by l'etranger
Half of /pol/ wants to kill Jews, does that mean they're gonna do it?

No, but they would if they had the power to do so. Would you allow anyone from /pol/ to take a job in the local synagogue, for instance?
Original post by l'etranger

''God is great''
''Death to America''
''Death to Israel''
''Curse on the Jews''
''Victory to Islam''

To be honest I don't care, they're not exactly gonna do much and pose zero danger compared with global Salafism.

I'm no fan of the Houthis, generally don't particularly care about what happens to them. Football chavs chant all sorts of stupid ****, doesn't mean they mean it.

It's like when you're with your mates you say all sorts of ****, then your gf comes around and you're like 'nah, I didn't mean any of that, just having a laugh :colondollar:' (not that this applies to me).

There haven't been (AFAIK) any instances of Houthis killing any Jews or anything, so I think they just had to add the "curse the Jews" for completeness or something, rather than an indication of their plans.
Original post by Palmyra
I'm no fan of the Houthis, generally don't particularly care about what happens to them. Football chavs chant all sorts of stupid ****, doesn't mean they mean it.

It's like when you're with your mates you say all sorts of ****, then your gf comes around and you're like 'nah, I didn't mean any of that, just having a laugh :colondollar:' (not that this applies to me).

There haven't been (AFAIK) any instances of Houthis killing any Jews or anything, so I think they just had to add the "curse the Jews" for completeness or something, rather than an indication of their plans.

http://www.yementimes.com/en/1861/report/4905/%E2%80%9CDamn-the-Jews%E2%80%9D-proving-more-than-just-a-slogan.htm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending