The Student Room Group

British woman jailed in Iran must take her two-year-old daughter into prison with her

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cato the Elder
No, but they would if they had the power to do so. Would you allow anyone from /pol/ to take a job in the local synagogue, for instance?

Would they even know how to send an email? The Houhtis pose literally no threat to any Jewish person in the world. As the above poster said, no Houthi has ever killed a Jew and when you consider the number of IS inspired attacks which actually have killed Jewish people, complaining about a bunch of bandits the other side of KSA makes it seem as if you don't have your priorities in order.
Original post by l'etranger
Would they even know how to send an email? The Houhtis pose literally no threat to any Jewish person in the world. As the above poster said no Houthi has ever killed a Jew and when you consider the number of IS inspired attacks which actually have killed Jewish people, complaining about a bunch of bandits the other side of KSA makes it seem as if you don't seem like you have your priorities in order.

Fallacy of relative privation. We should be concerned about both ISIS and the Houthis. Of course ISIS is more of a threat, so we should concentrate more of our energy on destroying it. However, the only way we can ensure that something like ISIS doesn't crop up again is to make sure Sunni Muslims are no longer tempted to join such an organisation. Strengthening Iran won't help that. No Sunni Muslim wants to be under Khomeinist domination.

If anything, ISIS suits Iran just fine. It helps destabilise Iraq and keep the Iraqi government dependent on Iranian life support in order to function properly.

The connection to the Houthis is spurious at best. Antisemitic attacks happen in Yemen? I'm shocked, it's almost as though they occur throughout the world (indeed, your own source points to a 2012 attack as the last recent example, I'm pretty sure the Houthis weren't in charge then)...
Original post by Palmyra
"Our problems are with Zionism and the occupation of Palestine, but Jews here have nothing to fear," said Fadl Abu Taleb, a spokesman for the Houthis.

The Houthis haven't killed a single Jew... Yet this man-child compares them to the Nazis who killed 6 million Jews. Calling every group he dislikes Nazis is a disgusting trivialisation of the real horrors Jews suffered at the hands of the Nazis.

Palmyra joon no point in arguing with a bunch of modern day lowkey nazi's who don't say anything about their own colonial and imperialist history still present in some countries and genocide of Natives in America and Australia, slave trades, their support for terror groups (Afghanistan, Iraq, and now Yemen and Syria) and hypocritical ties with with Saudi Arabia after bashing Iran, Russia and China etc for not conforming to their self made rulings on whats considered normal and abnormal according to them. They are quick to call out other governments on injustices but when it comes to their own government- it goes in one ear and out the other and they fabricate the truth about other countries to scare the masses, they will believe what they WANT to believe because they are in a place of privilege and have been for centuries.
This genocidal and imperialistic mindset doesn't go away after decades, so we can't expect it to go away now unfortunately. Don't even bother.
(edited 7 years ago)
Fallacy of relative privation. We should be concerned about both ISIS and the Houthis. Of course ISIS is more of a threat, so we should concentrate more of our energy on destroying it. However, the only way we can ensure that something like ISIS doesn't crop up again is to make sure Sunni Muslims are no longer tempted to join such an organisation. Strengthening Iran won't help that. No Sunni Muslim wants to be under Khomeinist domination.

If anything, ISIS suits Iran just fine. It helps destabilise Iraq and keep the Iraqi government dependent on Iranian life support in order to function properly.

''The Shias made them do it''
Whilst we're on the topic of Jews (and this seems to be a decisive factor as to who you label a "terrorist":wink:, lets see what the ADL's own anti-Semitism polls show:

Iran is the least antisemitic country in the Middle East. The second least country is Turkey, with 69%, which means all Middle Eastern countries have 70% or higher antisemitism except in Iran for which the number is 56%, which is significantly less than the rest of the region.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/marginoferr/2014/05/15/adl-iran-is-the-least-antisemitic-nation-in-middle-east/#sthash.0cFQpnoS.dpuf

Saudi Arabia is far more anti-Semitic than Iran, which has a Jewish MP, dozens of Synagogues in Tehran alone, and a Chief Rabbi (let me know when Saudi elect a Jewish MP please, I'll happily join you in your work as a shill for FDD).
''The Shias made them do it''

That's not my argument at all. But strengthening Iran will not help kill ISIS.
That's not my argument at all. But strengthening Iran will not help kill ISIS.

Now who's trying to negotiate with terrorists?
Original post by amhassanzadeh
Palmyra joon no point in arguing with a bunch of modern day lowkey nazi's who don't say anything about their own colonial and imperialist history still present in some countries and genocide of Natives in America and Australia, slave trades, their support for terror (Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen) and hypocritical ties with with Saudi Arabia after bashing Iran, Russia and China etc for not conforming to their self made rulings on whats considered normal and abnormal according to them. They are quick to call out other governments on injustices but when it comes to their own government- it goes in one ear and out the other and they fabricate the truth about other countries to scare the masses, they will believe what they WANT to believe because they are in a place of privilege and have been for centuries.
This genocidal and imperialistic mindset doesn't go away after decades, so we can't expect it to go away now unfortunately. Don't even bother.

Are you some kind of racist?

You're basically saying that because the ancestors of people of European descent did evil things, no government in Western countries has the right to condemn terrorism or Islamism or oppressive regimes.

You are a piece of work.
Now who's trying to negotiate with terrorists?

When did I mention anything about negotiating with terrorists?
Are you some kind of racist?

You're basically saying that because the ancestors of people of European descent did evil things, no government in Western countries has the right to condemn terrorism or Islamism or oppressive regimes.

You are a piece of work.

You cannot be racist against white people. There is no such thing as reverse racism- it's a made up concept. I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy pretty much both indirectly but directly at the same time.

I was talking to Palmyra, not you fyi.
You cannot be racist against white people. There is no such thing as reverse racism- it's a made up concept. I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy pretty much both indirectly but directly at the same time.

LOL. You are a racist. Typical SJW moron.

If you hate the West so much, you are free to leave.
When did I mention anything about negotiating with terrorists?

It's a completely absurd argument to say that Iran should have it's influence undermined as a strategy for weakening Islamic State. It's like an extremist preacher claiming that to reduce terrorism in Europe we should implement Shariah law, I mean sure it would work but that's hardly the point.
It's a completely absurd argument to say that Iran should have it's influence undermined as a strategy for weakening Islamic State. It's like an extremist preacher claiming that to reduce terrorism in Europe we should implement Shariah law, I mean sure it would work but that's hardly the point.

I don't get what you're trying to say.
I don't get what you're trying to say.

I will keep it simple for your benefit.

Iran's influence may inflame some Salafis, granted
Undermining Iran to satisfy increasingly unreasonable and uncontrollable Salafi demands is not justified
This is especially the case given that Salafi terrorists are killing innocent people right now
In much the same way you, wouldn't go kill a load of Muslims to satisfy the demands of the far right (I presume :erm:)
LOL. You are a racist. Typical SJW moron.

If you hate the West so much, you are free to leave.

NO such thing as reverse racism. Usually when you call someone a racist, you are indirectly guilty of racism yourself.

Free to leave- that's like saying leave this chat if you hate Iran.

I don't hate the Western people, I hate the government and those who support their actions and are proud of their imperialist history.
(edited 7 years ago)
I will keep it simple for your benefit.

Iran's influence may inflame some Salafis granted
Undermining Iran to satisfy increasingly unreasonable and uncontrollable Salafi demands is not justified
You wouldn't go kill a load of Muslims to satisfy the demands of the far right (I presume :erm:)

I'm talking about moderate Sunnis who may support ISIS as the lesser evil against Iran. Genuine Salafis obviously deserved to be killed regardless of what they feel or think.

There is no such thing as reverse racism, it's all racism and White people can be the victims of it in the same way Black and Asian people can be.
NO such thing as reverse racism. Usually when you call someone a racist, you are indirectly guilty of racism yourself.

Free to leave- that's like saying leave this chat if you hate Iran.

I don't hate the Western people, I hate the government and those who support their actions and are proud of their imperialist history.

If you're going to make that argument, imperialism existed worldwide. Iran was an empire once. A great empire, too. I doubt you feel guilt over the people your Iranian ancestors conquered and subjugated, and nor should you.

Also you could argue that Iranians are in fact white, so you're being racist to yourself.

I'm not agreeing with OP (quite frankly, their assertion that paying Iran debts that are owed is akin to 'negotiating with terrorists' is utter stupidity).

But I find it absurd how you think racism only works one way... racism is racism, and it's that simple. Discriminating against 'white people' is racist. FYI, Iranians/Persians are widely considered to be 'white'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending