The Student Room Group

The Official 2008 Where Are You Applying Thread

Poll

Which unis are you applying to this year? (codes in brackets are the UCAS uni codes)

Big ones small ones ones as big as your head

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Rightio, the poll is complete. Time to start voting! :biggrin:
Reply 2
im going to apply to UCL as well as others which im not sure about.
i hope to get into biomedical sciences there and if i don't i will cry!:biggrin:
OMG it is so scary now it is us voting on the poll, I still don't believe i'ma applying like next month! :eek:

I will make additions/ ammendments to this once i have made my mind up, and i'll do the poll once id have applied, because i will probably be swapping and changing before my choices are set in stone. Two definates and a good possibility are as follows;

Warwick
Bath
Durham

The rest i have yet to decide. In the next 2-3 weeks I'm going to see Nottingham and durham so hopefully those open days will help. Although when i went to bath and warwicks open day I loved them both and wouldn't be able to pick one of the two. I suppose it is good if I honestly love all the places I apply to.
Maths MMath at: Bristol, Cambridge, Durham, Imperial, Warwick :smile:
Reply 5
Aah St George's isn't on the list! I had to pick "Other" :frown:

So, SGUL, Nottingham, Sheffield, Leicester + Newcastle (probably) for my 5th, non-Medicine choice :smile:
Reply 6
Leeds (twice), Sheffield, Lancaster and Portsmouth.
Law at Durham, Nottingham, Warwick, Birmingham, Surrey. I JUST decided to drop Oxford from my list (replaced it with Birmingham), so it made me feel good to vote on this :smile:
Birmingham, Bristol,Cardiff,Warwick,york :wink:
BA French and Italian (MA Modern European Languages for Edinburgh) at Bristol, Durham, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Surrey.
Jap/Chin at Cambridge, Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield and SOAS :smile:
Reply 11
UCL (this is where I want to go)
Reply 12
I'm applying to Leeds uni and Leeds met for computing
LSE - L601 - Social Anthropology
Cambridge - LL32 - Social and Political Sciences
UCL - R990 - European Social and Political Studies
UCL - L602 - Anthropology
Durham (Josephine Butler) - LMV0 - Combined Honours in Social Sciences

I'm post A-Level :smile:
hey guys im very scared about applying lol

Law @ Cambridge, Sheffield, Warwick, Nottingham Trent and Manchester Met

Hope it all goes well for everyone!!
Reply 15
Law at Oxbridge (unlikely), UCL, Nottingham, Warwick and Southampton. I'm a bit sceptical because I don't really have an "insurance". I liked Leicester, Reading and Exeter but as they're usually in clearing, I'm going to take the risk and if all goes wrong I guess I just hope the same applies for this year.

Good luck everybrody! :biggrin:
Reply 16
Psychology at: Cardiff, Bath, Loughborough, Surrey, and Bristol. I think.

I hope everyone gets their choices! :smile:
Gahhh! i'm getting more confused about where I wan't to apply.

Definately Warwick, Bath and Durham

I was thinking York, but I don't think so anymore..:confused:

Now I like the sound of the Masters course at Nottingham, but my Mother wouldn't approve of me goign to such a city *sigh*.

I am going to visit in a forgnight anyway so can decide if i like it myself.
Also visiting Durham that week too. I'm excited :smile:

So far Bath is my favourite. I could just see myself living there. :biggrin:

Then there is exeter which I was considering, but I sometimes think that their offers are uneccessarily high, but might be a good insurance, possibly letting me in if i miss my grades.

Then i think, forget about making a safe choice, just go for it because I don't mind taking a gap year if i don't get any offers.

Oh the decsions :p:

I will be predicted AAAa/AABb mind, so i'm not being hugely unrealisticc with GCSE's of 6A*s 2As 2Bs.
EEEK I can't believe it's our turn already!

Psychology @ Cardiff, Bristol, Bath (all 3 are close to me!) York and UCL :smile:
i got my eyes on leeds met i reli wna go there
manchesters 2 boring 4 me

Latest

Trending

Trending