The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century GCSE Science - P1 P2 P3 - 24th May 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jayden_Marks
Honestly I don't remember. I just remember multiplying things together and converting things into units throughout the entire paper 😂😂 This exam was legit practice for my maths exam tomorrow!!

For that question, I converted the megabits to bits (21 000 000 bits in total) and ended up getting 274.3 seconds I think.
Original post by Jayden_Marks
Same!!! I thought I was the only one that enjoyed it because everyone at my school was complaining at how difficult it was but to be fair it didn't include quite a lot of mathematical calculations!

Anyways, what did you write for the first six maker about the stares , galaxies and the elements?
Also is the last few calculations did you use the Power= Current x voltage to find the power and then converted it to KW and converted the seconds to hours?

In the first six marker I talked about random stuff for stars that should get me 2 or 3 marks and then about redshift in galaxies and how that proves space is expanding, which should get me 3 marks hopefully.

For the questions on the last page, I got 1.15 kWh and 540J.
Original post by TheMightyBadger
In the first six marker I talked about random stuff for stars that should get me 2 or 3 marks and then about redshift in galaxies and how that proves space is expanding, which should get me 3 marks hopefully.

For the questions on the last page, I got 1.15 kWh and 540J.

Funnily enough, I wrote a load of waffle, then redshift, then frequency of light in relation to temperature. Exact same answers for the last page. Hopefully 5/6 on the first six marker, if I remember what I put correctly.
For that question, I converted the megabits to bits (21 000 000 bits in total) and ended up getting 274.3 seconds I think.

same, probably the only thing i got right
does anyone remember the six markers and the answers they put ??
Reply 44

would have gotten the same answer as you, i was so confident on the question because i already knew that 1 megabit was 0.125 megabyte all i had to do was 0.125 * 21 but instead in the heat of the moment or idk what i was thinking but i multiplied it by 12 f****** 12 ugh FML and got 1.5 instead of 2.625.
(edited 6 years ago)

Likewise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well... I don't know about anyone else but I found it harder than expected :/
I really don't think I did very well in that paper 😭 what did you get for the questions you had to convert it to nanometres to one significant figure? I got like 5×10^-16 which is obviously wrong
Original post by PatriciaLapitan
I really don't think I did very well in that paper 😭 what did you get for the questions you had to convert it to nanometres to one significant figure? I got like 5×10^-16 which is obviously wrong

I got 500nm. I think where you went wrong was multiplying by 1*10^-9 instead of dividing by 1*10^-9. You should probably still get 2 out of 3 marks!

What did u get for the part before that when it asked you about the information? I got 4.3 seconds because I got 90000000 for the part before it and divided it 21000000 ehich gave me 4.3 seconds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moa.asim
What did u get for the part before that when it asked you about the information? I got 4.3 seconds because I got 90000000 for the part before it and divided it 21000000 ehich gave me 4.3 seconds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got something around 5 billion for part a.
what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be what would it be to get a B etc and did anyone get 180 on the first bit of the last page and what box did you guys tick for the digital question .
Reply 52
Am i the only one who did calculations for the P-Wave speed graph question?

I thought we had to work out how the graph shows the wavelength is 3500km, but after the exam people were saying they just explained changing surface types of the Earth...
I got something around 5 billion for part a.

Would you be able to remember the question or parts of it? My mind is playing games with me so I am unable to think right now :x
I reckon grade boundaries will be about 42 (+-2).

What did you all put for the True/False question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would you be able to remember the question or parts of it? My mind is playing games with me so I am unable to think right now :x

Ah. I remember that I got 5 760 000 000 as the number of bits and then divided it by 21 000 000.
Ah. I remember that I got 5 760 000 000 as the number of bits and then divided it by 21 000 000.

Yup, I deffo got that question wrong then lol -_-' Funny how I thought I was right the entire time. But how did u get 5.76billion?
Yup, I deffo got that question wrong then lol -_-' Funny how I thought I was right the entire time. But how did u get 5.76billion?

Sorry, but I can't remember anything apart from multiplying a few things together.
Reply 58
Sorry, but I can't remember anything apart from multiplying a few things together.

1 byte = 8 bits
720 MB = 720,000,000 B
720,000,000 * 8 = 5,760,000,000 bits
Reply 59
Did you guys get 500 for the nanometre conversion question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending