The Student Room Group

Going to College after getting a uni degree?

(In Scotland)

I'm going to graduate in 2017 after four years of university studying graphic design. However I know this is the wrong course for me and I don't enjoy it at all. Would I be able to apply for College to get a HNC/HND in Business or similar subject?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MsAmaryllis
(In Scotland)

I'm going to graduate in 2017 after four years of university studying graphic design. However I know this is the wrong course for me and I don't enjoy it at all. Would I be able to apply for College to get a HNC/HND in Business or similar subject?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You couldn't get funding but otherwise I don't see why not
You'd probably be better off doing a conversion masters if they're available, or otherwise find a company willing to recruit non-business grads.
Reply 3
Original post by MsAmaryllis
(In Scotland)

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you've gotten this far and only have a few months left until graduation, why quit now?

At this stage, going back to college would be a step backwards and a HND isn't going to get you anything a degree can.

Most employers don't care what subject your degree is in. I know people who have studied history and gone into accounting and many who end up in recruitment from totally unrelated fields.

Graphic design is great for getting into the marketing side of business. Plus graduation will be one of the best and most uplifting moments of your life.

My advice is to focus on completing your degree and achieving at least a 2:1. In the meantime search + apply for grad jobs in areas that you'd want to work in and most importantly try to gain some relevant practical experience.
(edited 7 years ago)
Try getting some work experience in the business sector to see if it is a career you are truly interested in, and then after graduation, apply for business-related jobs. A lot of people find work in areas which are different to their degree. If you can demonstrate that you have the right personality and qualities, coupled with work experience, you may be able to find a career in business without going to college again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending