Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has their tastes... I don't think mine are better than any others. Anyways with that out of the way... I think grime/rap sounds really ****. Does everyone practically rave to that stuff at clubs. I prefer alternative pop/rock personally... i don't know how niche that music genre is though.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you.

I've never had goosebumps listening to any grime/rap song.

Me having goosebumps while listening to a song means its amazing and soul stirringly good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No. They do not.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you join a rock society at uni?

ReputationRep:
    I hope not, I honestly couldn't tell you what's in the charts at the moment or that I listen to that sort of genre! I'm more of an alternative rock/indie kind of person so I hope when I go there this year that at least some people will share my taste
    :please:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    No, not everyone listens to it.

Maybe the badman group on the 3rd floor of the library with their addidas hoodie and their tracksuits that are 3 sizes too big

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhanny)
    I agree with you.

I've never had goosebumps listening to any grime/rap song.

Me having goosebumps while listening to a song means its amazing and soul stirringly good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What about Goosebumps by Travis Scott?

ReputationRep:
    I Would never. I like Jazz, a little old pop (no new pop tho, literally nothing after 2014), i love rock and alternative, and I love indie music. I like old hip-hop but then again who doesn't?

ReputationRep:
    Oh God no. It depends on the university though. Some universities have higher concentrations of roadmen to others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    Oh God no. It depends on the university though. Some universities have higher concentrations of roadmen to others.
    I think the ones in London have a large amount (well the worse unis like roehampton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James385)
    I think the ones in London have a large amount (well the worse unis like roehampton.
    I can confirm this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlin.r98)
    I hope not, I honestly couldn't tell you what's in the charts at the moment or that I listen to that sort of genre! I'm more of an alternative rock/indie kind of person so I hope when I go there this year that at least some people will share my taste
    :please:
    Yeah same. The people that listen it generally are more nice/chilled out as well.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Everyone has their tastes... I don't think mine are better than any others. Anyways with that out of the way... I think grime/rap sounds really ****. Does everyone practically rave to that stuff at clubs. I prefer alternative pop/rock personally... i don't know how niche that music genre is though.
    I like rap, not grime - but I honestly find that (decent) rap is one of the most niche things now:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I like rap, not grime - but I honestly find that (decent) rap is one of the most niche things now:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can never understand what they are saying. But the music excluding lyrics... i can see why people would like it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same. The people that listen it generally are more nice/chilled out as well.
    Curious now - what sort of stuff do you listen to, artist wise?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I can never understand what they are saying. But the music excluding lyrics... i can see why people would like it.
    Depends who you listen to tbf

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlin.r98)
    Curious now - what sort of stuff do you listen to, artist wise?
    I listen to songs from many different artists (as in on my playlist I have one from each artist).

My favorite songs at the moment (in this order):
    Fire Fire - Sam Isaac
    You know It - Colony House
    Airplanes - Local Natives
    Pacifer - Catfish and the bottlemen

If you have watched the imbetweeners... I liked the songs in that.

ReputationRep:
    look at all these bonobos thinking they're better than everyone else because they listen to an 'indie' kind of genre on spotify

there's nothing wrong with rap and hip hop, and no not everyone listens to it and people other than gangsters and roadmen listen to it, maybe you need to meet more people if you think everyone listens to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatgr)
    look at all these bonobos thinking they're better than everyone else because they listen to an 'indie' kind of genre on spotify

there's nothing wrong with rap and hip hop, and no not everyone listens to it and people other than gangsters and roadmen listen to it, maybe you need to meet more people if you think everyone listens to it
    I don't think I'm better. I'm just hoping there is a decent amount of other people at uni that like that sort of genre. I went to roehampton (ended up leaving) and there was a strong roadmap urban vibe. The next uni I'm hoping to go to has more design/arty courses and its up north.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately when the uncultured are allowed into university it lowers the culture for everyone

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.