Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haribo9819)
    I don't think to Shift AD was nudges. Its very debatable if people want to remove stuff In lofts. I said subsidy.
    Subsidy affects the the supply not the demand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shoot)
    Subsidy affects the the supply not the demand.
    Nudges affect demand not AD as much. There needs to be an expansion in AS to increase AD. Subsidies pass on lower prices to consumers, demand could increase. Both can be argued

ReputationRep:
    Could someone tell me if i spoke about the right things?
    Question 31- Decline shown by falling employment , fall in output, fall in average growth rate and a rise in trade deficit. Evaluation, the fall in output was minute.
    32- Income elas. of demand for services is higher therefore econ growth causes rise in real incomes meaning more demand for services leading to employment ( obv, more detail in the essay) . Also, rising tech in man. causes more capital and less workers due to capital being more productive.
    33- intervene because of potential unemployment, living standards, international incompetitiveness,the impact on other markets. Dont intervene because of gov failure, the cost involved, impact on taxes. Conc- depends on type of intervention and risk of gov failure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamza Rashid)
    Question 31- Decline shown by falling employment , fall in output, fall in average growth rate and a rise in trade deficit. Evaluation, the fall in output was minute.
    32- Income elas. of demand for services is higher therefore econ growth causes rise in real incomes meaning more demand for services leading to employment ( obv, more detail in the essay) . Also, rising tech in man. causes more capital and less workers due to capital being more productive.
    33- intervene because of potential unemployment, living standards, international incompetitiveness,the impact on other markets. Dont intervene because of gov failure, the cost involved, impact on taxes. Conc- depends on type of intervention and risk of gov failure
    dunno if this is right but mine was very very similar to all of this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamza Rashid)
    (Original post by IM125)
    dunno if this is right but mine was very very similar to all of this
    Mine too, all of mine followed the same topics.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else mention the face that the first two extracts in source B were not related to the UK???

ReputationRep:
    What we saying for a B then? 55/80 marks on each paper sound about right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RG110man)
    What we saying for a B then? 55/80 marks on each paper sound about right?
    Lower than that as I'd say for paper 3 we will be looking at around 60/80 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junky27)
    Lower than that as I'd say for paper 3 we will be looking at around 60/80 for an A
    Yeah paper 3 was odd. Slightly different exam technique and some fairly challenging multiple choice questions I thought.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah paper 3 was odd. Slightly different exam technique and some fairly challenging multiple choice questions I thought.
    I think I got 20/30 on the multiple choice but my micro paper was solid and 5/6 of the macro questions for me were really good so I hope I scraped an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junky27)
    I think I got 20/30 on the multiple choice but my micro paper was solid and 5/6 of the macro questions for me were really good so I hope I scraped an A
    Yes I'm feeling like I got about 20/30 on the multiple choice - my 10 and 15 markers were meh but I feel like my 25 marker was pretty good. Micro I think was fine other than the 9 marker where I maybe only got half marks and macro I felt went really well. I only need a B but kinda hoping I've done enough for an A

ReputationRep:
    Last time a new spec was introduced grade boundaries were 68% for an A. Due to new ways of marking I feel perhaps 57/58 for an A 52/53 for a B across all the papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedwilk222)
    Last time a new spec was introduced grade boundaries were 68% for an A. Due to new ways of marking I feel perhaps 57/58 for an A 52/53 for a B across all the papers
    Yeah I think this seems fair. I feel like paper 3 will lower the average grade needed per paper what with it being a new style of exam from the previous spec and papers 1 and 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver Daniels)
    I hope this is correct. I feel like for me, micro could be anywhere between 66 and 70, macro will be around 61/60 and paper 3 around 59/60. I really need low boundaries to get my A. 👌🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well your worst case scenario from what you've said is a total of 186/240 which will almost definitely be an A in my opinion. I think you'll be very unfortunate to not get an A with a mark like that.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the specimen paper for 2016 or 2017 please?

ReputationRep:
    was there anything in paper 1 about street lights or lamps? trying to find out what test i have done for my mock?

ReputationRep:
    Well your worst case scenario from what you've said is a total of 186/240 which will almost definitely be an A in my opinion. I think you'll be very unfortunate to not get an A with a mark like that.
    ^^^^^

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone feeling for results day ir2 economics?
    What are your grade boundary predictions?

My grade boundary predictions based on the news and the papers etc are as follows:

For an A grade:

Paper 1- 63/80
    Paper 2-60/8-
    Paper 3- 56/80

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)

My grade boundary predictions based on the news and the papers etc are as follows:

For an A grade:

Paper 1- 63/80
    Paper 2-60/8-
    Paper 3- 56/80
    Yeah I'd go with that - seems reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)

For an A grade:

Paper 1- 63/80
    Paper 2-60/8-
    Paper 3- 56/80
    Hopefully! Synoptic definitely has to be lower since no one really had any idea what they were doing in that paper
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.