The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

What we saying for a B then? 55/80 marks on each paper sound about right? :smile:
Original post by RG110man
What we saying for a B then? 55/80 marks on each paper sound about right? :smile:

Lower than that as I'd say for paper 3 we will be looking at around 60/80 for an A
Original post by junky27
Lower than that as I'd say for paper 3 we will be looking at around 60/80 for an A

Yeah paper 3 was odd. Slightly different exam technique and some fairly challenging multiple choice questions I thought.
Yeah paper 3 was odd. Slightly different exam technique and some fairly challenging multiple choice questions I thought.

I think I got 20/30 on the multiple choice but my micro paper was solid and 5/6 of the macro questions for me were really good so I hope I scraped an A
Original post by junky27
I think I got 20/30 on the multiple choice but my micro paper was solid and 5/6 of the macro questions for me were really good so I hope I scraped an A

Yes I'm feeling like I got about 20/30 on the multiple choice - my 10 and 15 markers were meh but I feel like my 25 marker was pretty good. Micro I think was fine other than the 9 marker where I maybe only got half marks and macro I felt went really well. I only need a B but kinda hoping I've done enough for an A :smile:
Last time a new spec was introduced grade boundaries were 68% for an A. Due to new ways of marking I feel perhaps 57/58 for an A 52/53 for a B across all the papers
Original post by Jedwilk222
Last time a new spec was introduced grade boundaries were 68% for an A. Due to new ways of marking I feel perhaps 57/58 for an A 52/53 for a B across all the papers

Yeah I think this seems fair. I feel like paper 3 will lower the average grade needed per paper what with it being a new style of exam from the previous spec and papers 1 and 2.
Original post by Reaver Daniels
I hope this is correct. I feel like for me, micro could be anywhere between 66 and 70, macro will be around 61/60 and paper 3 around 59/60. I really need low boundaries to get my A. 👌🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well your worst case scenario from what you've said is a total of 186/240 which will almost definitely be an A in my opinion. I think you'll be very unfortunate to not get an A with a mark like that.
Does anyone have the specimen paper for 2016 or 2017 please?
was there anything in paper 1 about street lights or lamps? trying to find out what test i have done for my mock?
Well your worst case scenario from what you've said is a total of 186/240 which will almost definitely be an A in my opinion. I think you'll be very unfortunate to not get an A with a mark like that.

^^^^^
Yeah I'd go with that - seems reasonable.
Hopefully! Synoptic definitely has to be lower since no one really had any idea what they were doing in that paper
Yeah I agree, paper 1 was pretty straightforward so it will probably have quite standard grade boundaries. What do you think the grade boundaries will be for an A*?
what are these estimates based on
Reply 1255
Original post by bennny
what are these estimates based on

Would you say they are too low?
Original post by SANTR
Would you say they are too low?

I predict similar.

Based on the papers themselves with paper 3 by far being the hardest.

Based on the newspapers saying that grade boundaries for new spec exams will be lowered.

Based on the fact that we are the first year and the last time in economics a new spec was introduced it was 54 for an A out of 80 something like that
What do you think a B or even a C would be?
Original post by junky27
I predict similar.

Based on the papers themselves with paper 3 by far being the hardest.

Based on the newspapers saying that grade boundaries for new spec exams will be lowered.

Based on the fact that we are the first year and the last time in economics a new spec was introduced it was 54 for an A out of 80 something like that

Though using these foundations for a prediction could suggest that 210/240 is way too high for an A*
(edited 6 years ago)
sanyone found anything for economic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending