The Student Room Group

Trump compromised by Russian intelligence, reports say

Absolutely stunning and explosive; the research report put together by a former British intelligence officer (there was also another report to the same effect drawn up by a former CIA officer) that determined Trump had been compromised by Russian intelligence was passed to the FBI and taken seriously enough to be included in the intelligence briefings he received on the Russia hacks.

It is said that the FSB (Russian intelligence) has compromising evidence of "perverted sexual acts" he undertook while in Moscow attending a Miss Universe competition. Of course that is standard practice for intelligence services; all of them put bugs and cameras in the best hotels to acquire blackmail material on important people. Most rich people are not stupid enough to do anything they wouldn't want others to find out when they are staying in hotels overseas, and leave the sick **** for when they are on their private estates. If true, it seems that as usual Donnie had no self-control and just couldn't help himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts

Even more explosive, the FBI applied to the FISA court back in the summer for surveillance warrants against four members of the Trump campaign team to keep them under watch for relationships with Russian intelligence.

This really provides the most logical explanation for why Trump didn't, when this stuff came out, simply say "I abhor the Russian hacking of the DNC. Even if they sought to help me, I didn't want their help. They shall pay for their presumption" and instead has acted like he has this big, red neon sign saying "Guilty! Guilty!" when he keeps desperately trying to undermine the intelligence agencies on the hacking questions, trying to divert attention to Chinese hacking, and praising Vladimir Putin even though this is electoral poison and completely regressive in policy terms.

Trump is finished. Whether he lasts a week or a year, he's probably going to be impeached by his own party. In fact, if worse comes to worse the Russians might release the info they have on him themselves, as the worst case scenario for them is that the United States is massively embarrassed and discredited by having elected a Russian spy to the presidency. Their global prestige takes a massive hit, and Russia looks even more powerful, Putin looks even more the chessmaster (which he craves)

Can't say we didn't warn these alt-right fools. Their lack of patriotism and pro-Russian bootlicking knows no bounds.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am absolutely shocked I totally did not expect or see this coming at all.

Don't worry, the trump supporters and far-right will find a way to make it seem as if they are the victims somehow.
Enjoying watersports is not huge blackmail material. If Trump has been blackmailed, there is surely something bigger than this being held over him.
Original post by Mactotaur
Enjoying watersports is not huge blackmail material.

How do you know it's watersports? How do you know it's not, say that he likes to slap the girls around a bit, or some weird bondage stuff? And even then, the fact that watersports is not illegal doesn't mean that someone who is extremely sensitive to humiliation, as Trump is, wouldn't do whatever he could to avoid being publicly embarrassed in that way.

If Trump has been blackmailed, there is surely something bigger than this being held over him.

It's probably a mix of stuff. We know that the Trump empire is basically a game of financial musical chairs; he's massively in debt and he constantly needs to find new financing to cover interest payments as they come due. We also know that a very large proportion of his financing comes from Russian sources, his son admitted this a few years back. And then, as soon as they have just one meeting with him, they can blackmail him for having had a meeting with Russian intelligence, which looks pretty bad. They could certainly blackmail him for having happily accepted intelligence from the Russian government on his GOP rivals and on Clinton (which appears to be the case)

But yes, it's possible they have far worse on him than some perverted sexual acts. I wouldn't put much past Donnie, he's clearly insane.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AlexanderHam
How do you know it's watersports? How do you know it's not, say that he likes to slap the girls around a bit, or some weird bondage stuff? And even then, the fact that watersports is not illegal doesn't mean that someone who is extremely sensitive to humiliation, as Trump is, wouldn't do whatever he could to avoid being publicly embarrassed in that way.

It's probably a mix of stuff. We know that the Trump empire is basically a game of financial musical chairs; he's massively in debt and he constantly needs to find new financing to cover interest payments as they come due. We also know that a very large proportion of his financing comes from Russian sources, his son admitted this a few years back. And then, as soon as they have just one meeting with him, they can blackmail him for having had a meeting with Russian intelligence, which looks pretty bad. They could certainly blackmail him for having happily accepted intelligence from the Russian government on his GOP rivals and on Clinton (which appears to be the case)

But yes, it's possible they have far worse on him than some perverted sexual acts. I wouldn't put much past Donnie, he's clearly insane.

How do I know it's watersports? If it was something more... unconventional, it would be mentioned. That's the whole point of a report aimed at proving a person has been compromised.
Makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if Russia continued to pull these off once Trump is President, simply for the sake of undermining Western democracy. I'm sure they won't care much for Trump once he is President.
Here is the intelligence report put together by a former CIA counter-intelligence officer outlining the Trump compromise.

https://www.scribd.com/document/336225757/Trump-Intelligence-Allegations#from_embed
Original post by MrDystopia
Makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if Russia continued to pull these off once Trump is President, simply for the sake of undermining Western democracy. I'm sure they won't care much for Trump once he is President.

Indeed, it's win-win for Russia. Either Donnie stays in office and undermines NATO and the Western alliance, conferring legitimacy on the Crimea annexation and giving Russia a free hand in Syria. Or Donnie is forced out and they leak all the compromising material and the United States is embarrassed and undermined beyond belief by having elected a Russian agent (who was obviously completely unsuitable for a whole host of reasons other than that) and US democracy is shown to be deeply flawed and laughably fragile.

Either way, the Russians do well. I really hope that Trump is impeached and his pro-Russian shills like Tillerson and Bannon are forced out, and an irate GOP and American nation forces Russia to pay an unprecedented price such that they really regret this insolence. After all, Russia is a shadow of the Soviet Union, a regional power. It barely has an economy larger than Australia's, and its economy is smaller than the UK's. It's unfortunate President Obama let them push him around.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mactotaur
How do I know it's watersports? If it was something more... unconventional, it would be mentioned. That's the whole point of a report aimed at proving a person has been compromised.

Just enjoying watersports by itself would be embarrassing and humiliating to a man like Trump who is obsessed with avoiding humiliation. But the idea that he had prostitutes do golden showers on the bed the Obamas had slept in, out of resentment and bitterness against President Obama... it shows he's mental. He wouldn't want that to come out.

But the report says that's only one thing, and I suspect there are many peccadillos and other compromising material they have. The fact of merely carrying on a relationship with Russian intelligence is something that could be used to blackmail. him
Interesting. On reddit an infuriated Trump supporter, in response to this development, has said that liberals should be put in concentration camps.
I hope Trump's acolytes on this forum actually read the report before jumping in to defend him. It is not 'just' watersports. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html

Maybe this will finally sink him but he has an uncanny ability to survive scandal. Trump's response on twitter is pretty funny, lots of capital letters, never a good sign.
And can you imagine how nuts conservatives would have gone if it had been Hillary Clinton receiving assistance from the Russian government, and it was Clinton who was worshipping at the altar of the Russian president?

If it had been Clinton and not Trump, the right-wing would now be telling us what a threat Russia is, how subversive they are, how they need to be punished etc etc. The right-wing (I do not say conservatives, true conservatives declined to support this trainwreck of a candidacy) are completely hypocritical, they have no principles they will not sell out when it is politically convenient to do so
Reply 12
Someone who was paid by trumps opponents to create a report that trump is bad has created a report alleging that trump is bad shocker.

It is worth noting that parts of what has been said the FBI have been investigating since June and they have not been able to confirm, so the credibility of the report is questionable at best.
It's hilarious to now see Trumptards running around like headless chickens claiming this is a 4chan hoax.The claim it came from "4chan" (which is a forum, not a group) is fake news, there's no evidence for it whatsoever.

They are also claiming that Evan McMullin was the source for the report, which we know isn't true because it was commissioned as oppo research and it was accepted as credible by the intelligence services on the basis of the credibility of the man who undertook the report.

It's also being reported now that a former British intelligence officer was also involved in putting together the report, which gives it even more credibility.

You can see the Russian trolls desperately attempting to spin this to protect their agent in place.
(edited 7 years ago)
Does this not have severe consequences for him?
Original post by AlexanderHam

Believe it when we see it. The truth will out eventually, even if its after his presidency. In the event there was something embarrassing, then I dont think he would resign. If any of your claims are shown to be true, then it would weaken him, even though he would deny it on twitter.

Wait and see.
Original post by 999tigger
In the event there was something embarrassing, then I dont think he would resign.

Of course not. His own party will have to impeach him. That is now a distinct possibility.

If any of your claims are shown to be true, then it would weaken him, even though he would deny it on twitter.

Wait and see.

Leaving aside the high credibility of this report, everything Trump has done (praising Putin, attacking NATO, appointing Rex Tillerson to Sec of State and Michael Flynn to Nat Security Adviser) is exactly what he would do if he had been turned-out by Russian intelligence. Every time this comes up, he acts guilty as hell and doesn't seem capable of criticising the Kremlin. Every other country in the world, he beats his chest and acts macho, but when it comes to Putin he bows down, worshipping the ground on which he walks and praising pretty much everything he does.

No sane person would behave that way if they hadn't been compromised by the Russians
Reply 17
Original post by hezzlington
Does this not have severe consequences for him?

If it is proven possibly although it isn't guaranteed either way.

If they are blackmailing him it would.

If they could blackmail him I would say it's unlikely as everyone has secrets and it's already out in the open.

As I have said I'm highly sceptical of a report that is funded by people who want to take him down
Having read the report then IF it was true he would have to resign as having been compromised. I doubt they would ever be able to prove it was true. Hilarious coup for the Russians. They wouldnt have to blackmail him it would be sufficient that he had been compromised to that extent.

The Russians wouldnt have to blackmail him. If the evidence existed, then that would be enough as it would limit what he could do.
Original post by Snufkin
I hope Trump's acolytes on this forum actually read the report before jumping in to defend him. It is not 'just' watersports. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html

Maybe this will finally sink him but he has an uncanny ability to survive scandal. Trump's response on twitter is pretty funny, lots of capital letters, never a good sign.

I just browsed some of that and holy **** lol, there is no way this guy can honestly get into presidency now. Surely..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending