The Student Room Group

CIE: English Literature in A Levels

Hey, all.

So I'm new here and have very little idea of how things work but I have a really urgent matter I'd like help with.

I'll be sitting for my AS this May-June session for Maths (S1 & P1), Chemistry and Biology. I originally wanted to sit for English Literature (AS) as well but I just started classes for it today and am not feeling very confident (read: I am pretty sure I will end up with a below-average grade) since the minimum number of hours of study required is 180, if I recall correctly. I don't think I will perform my best if I sit for the exam with three months of study.

So I've been thinking whether it would be wise, or well, at least wiser than the aforementioned course of action, to sit for all the papers the next year, i.e. May-June session of 2018. I do plan to carry on with my other three subjects at A2 so I don't know if sitting for the subject entirely at A2 is going to end up botching my other grades. I know that A2 is extremely challenging but my heart is pretty set on studying English Literature (or something related) at university so I should work on securing an A at least for it...Right?

I'd just like your two cents on the matter. Please and thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending