The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Winchester school of art - university of Southampton Accommodation?

Ive been offered a place to study fashion marketing/ management for Sep 2017, and have already put it down as my firm choice, but im not sure if I should live in Southampton, and travel to Winchester by train (apparently the mayflower halls in Southampton are right next to the train station), or to stay in the Winchester halls. I think living in Southampton would give me a better student life because of like the night life, shops etc, but then again Winchester is such a pretty area- It just seems like theres not a lot to do there. Im not really one for travelling but if it means I receive a much more better student life then ill consider it. Ive spoken to one of the girls that already attends the uni and asked her what she thinks, and she said a lot of people who live in the Winchester halls regret it! If anyone else is thinking of going to WSA, what would you do for accommodation??
Original post by mnleo1
Ive been offered a place to study fashion marketing/ management for Sep 2017, and have already put it down as my firm choice, but im not sure if I should live in Southampton, and travel to Winchester by train (apparently the mayflower halls in Southampton are right next to the train station), or to stay in the Winchester halls. I think living in Southampton would give me a better student life because of like the night life, shops etc, but then again Winchester is such a pretty area- It just seems like theres not a lot to do there. Im not really one for travelling but if it means I receive a much more better student life then ill consider it. Ive spoken to one of the girls that already attends the uni and asked her what she thinks, and she said a lot of people who live in the Winchester halls regret it! If anyone else is thinking of going to WSA, what would you do for accommodation??

You can always move to winchester for your second and third years. If you want a student lifestyle then first year is the year to go for that in. If you can afford mayflower and the train fares (or bus fares) then go for it.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
I had a friend who did fine art and lived in Southampton. There's a free shuttle bus from Highfield campus to WSA that she always used. Have you looked at this, yet?

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/wsa/about/wsa-transport.page
Hi there. Ive been offered a place to study Global Media Management (postgraduate) for sept 2017. I am very excited, but i have also some questions. It is possible to not choose what university offers me for accomodation? Im planing to stay with my boyfriend, in a house in Southampton. It requiers from university where i m going to stay during my studies? Maybe this is a stupid question but i don know if i can choose this option. Also, i heard that for students loans i need an uk address and national insurance number. Is it that right, guys? I m really confused, cuz i want to bring the students loans until i start the university year (sept 2017). So, i am waiting for an answer. Thank u all xx
Original post by mnleo1

I've got an offer for the same course too! And I'm quite sure that it will be my firm choice! :smile: By the way, I'm a non-UK student and I'm also cofused whether it's better to live in Winchester or in Southampton... so it would be nice to contact with you! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I was thinking of living in Winchester but I don't know if I want to go for Erasmus Park or the new Riverside Way accommodation
Reply 6
Hey! I've also firmed Southampton as my first choice for fashion marketing/management and had the same dilemma! For the first year I've applied for Winchester halls and would like to move to Southampton for my second year just to get my bearings around the Winchester campus first! Don't know if that's any help!?
Reply 7
Original post by eleirbagr
I've got an offer for the same course too! And I'm quite sure that it will be my firm choice! :smile: By the way, I'm a non-UK student and I'm also cofused whether it's better to live in Winchester or in Southampton... so it would be nice to contact with you! :smile:

Hey! I have made it my firm choice also. So I wanted to know what have you decided about living? :smile: I just don't know if I should choose Riverside way in Winchester or Liberty point, Mayflower in Southampton.
I have a room in riverside way available please this is super urgent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending