Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    How is it going?
    I am Hanady. A new student applied for chevening scholarship for the first time this year , so I face some queries here (for masters)
    1- Do I have to accept all universities offers even though I am going to attend in only one university? Why?
    2- What should happen when I receive an unconditional offer from as university but a deposit is required to secure my place? Should the deadlines be extended till the results of interview?

I would be grateful if you have some time and help me in my enquiries. Thanks a lot for your concern.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    You can accept multiple offers but you don't have to if you already know you won't be going. The uni and the scholarship work on different timescales so if a deposit is required you can explain the situation and ask for an extension but the uni doesn't have to grant it. They have places to fill and may not be able to wait for your decision.

ReputationRep:
    What if the student does not have the sufficient funds to pay this deposit and therefore seeking for a sponsor? Besides, Chevening strongly recommends that students do not be involved with financial obligations towards universities and negotiate for deposit deadline extension. I think many students are in the same situation, right?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I can't speak for the uni. All I can say is explain the situation to them and see what they come back with. Be prepared though to be told this is what it is, take it or leave it because like I said unis have spaces to fill and usually have plenty of applicants to fill them with.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.