The Student Room Group

Universities offers query

Hello
How is it going?
I am Hanady. A new student applied for chevening scholarship for the first time this year , so I face some queries here (for masters)
1- Do I have to accept all universities offers even though I am going to attend in only one university? Why?
2- What should happen when I receive an unconditional offer from as university but a deposit is required to secure my place? Should the deadlines be extended till the results of interview?

I would be grateful if you have some time and help me in my enquiries. Thanks a lot for your concern.
You can accept multiple offers but you don't have to if you already know you won't be going. The uni and the scholarship work on different timescales so if a deposit is required you can explain the situation and ask for an extension but the uni doesn't have to grant it. They have places to fill and may not be able to wait for your decision.
Reply 2
What if the student does not have the sufficient funds to pay this deposit and therefore seeking for a sponsor? Besides, Chevening strongly recommends that students do not be involved with financial obligations towards universities and negotiate for deposit deadline extension. I think many students are in the same situation, right?
Unfortunately I can't speak for the uni. All I can say is explain the situation to them and see what they come back with. Be prepared though to be told this is what it is, take it or leave it because like I said unis have spaces to fill and usually have plenty of applicants to fill them with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending