The Student Room Group

I must be rich?

I currently study in france, I want to go study to Birmingham City University, but I don't have money... I started looking for ways to finance my studies (total costs are £70,000 tuition, accomodation and living):

- First my parents can help me but not more than £8,000

- I thought about waiting for maybe 2 years saving money, but without Bachelor's degree I can only have 1/3 of everything in 2 years

- I was told about scolarchips but I saw state doesn't offer scholarships to foreign students, I must have lived in the UK for at least 3 years

-My school offers a £2000 scholarship for the first year...but I need £16085 a year just for study

-I have also seen students loans from the bank of £17,000 but to be eligible I have to study in France...

I feel like I'm being rejected from all sides, is that everything i can have ? I must have rich parents to go to uni ?
Original post by hashtagM
I currently study in france, I want to go study to Birmingham City University, but I don't have money... I started looking for ways to finance my studies (total costs are £70,000 tuition, accomodation and living):

- First my parents can help me but not more than £8,000

- I thought about waiting for maybe 2 years saving money, but without Bachelor's degree I can only have 1/3 of everything in 2 years

- I was told about scolarchips but I saw state doesn't offer scholarships to foreign students, I must have lived in the UK for at least 3 years

-My school offers a £2000 scholarship for the first year...but I need £16085 a year just for study

-I have also seen students loans from the bank of £17,000 but to be eligible I have to study in France...

I feel like I'm being rejected from all sides, is that everything i can have ? I must have rich parents to go to uni ?

Hi there,

You've posted in the Student Finance England forum. If you want to post your query in the main forum for others to see unless you are applying to us and have queries we can help with. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending