The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Accommodation prices?

I hate to sound like an idiot here but I'm currently looking at accommodation for Edinburgh uni and it is listed that the lease will be around £5,500. is this spread between all house mates or would I as an individual be paying that amount in the year
Reply 1
Original post by Sara99997
I hate to sound like an idiot here but I'm currently looking at accommodation for Edinburgh uni and it is listed that the lease will be around £5,500. is this spread between all house mates or would I as an individual be paying that amount in the year

That is the amount each student pays per year. The rent is split over several months. ( I think, but you'd best check, it's from October to April.)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Sara99997

Original post by Mfbm
That is the amount each student pays per year. The rent is split over several months. ( I think, but you'd best check, it's from October to April.)

That's per student.

The duration varies: but typically September to end May.

http://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/for-students/self-catered-flats-and-residences/
Reply 3
Original post by jneill
That's per student.

The duration varies: but typically September to end May.

http://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/for-students/self-catered-flats-and-residences/

Yes, the occupancy is usually September to the end of May but the payments are taken, certainly in our case, from October to April. It's worth checking because it does mean you're paying a bit more each month than you might expect - though, obviously, the total over the year is the same.
Reply 4
Original post by Mfbm
Yes, the occupancy is usually September to the end of May but the payments are taken, certainly in our case, from October to April. It's worth checking because it does mean you're paying a bit more each month than you might expect - though, obviously, the total over the year is the same.

Ah ok! I thought you were referring to the occupancy, not payment schedule :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending