Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I hate to sound like an idiot here but I'm currently looking at accommodation for Edinburgh uni and it is listed that the lease will be around £5,500. is this spread between all house mates or would I as an individual be paying that amount in the year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara99997)
    I hate to sound like an idiot here but I'm currently looking at accommodation for Edinburgh uni and it is listed that the lease will be around £5,500. is this spread between all house mates or would I as an individual be paying that amount in the year
    That is the amount each student pays per year. The rent is split over several months. ( I think, but you'd best check, it's from October to April.)
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara99997)
    (Original post by Mfbm)
    That is the amount each student pays per year. The rent is split over several months. ( I think, but you'd best check, it's from October to April.)
    That's per student.

The duration varies: but typically September to end May.

http://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/for-studen...nd-residences/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    That's per student.

The duration varies: but typically September to end May.

http://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/for-studen...nd-residences/
    Yes, the occupancy is usually September to the end of May but the payments are taken, certainly in our case, from October to April. It's worth checking because it does mean you're paying a bit more each month than you might expect - though, obviously, the total over the year is the same.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mfbm)
    Yes, the occupancy is usually September to the end of May but the payments are taken, certainly in our case, from October to April. It's worth checking because it does mean you're paying a bit more each month than you might expect - though, obviously, the total over the year is the same.
    Ah ok! I thought you were referring to the occupancy, not payment schedule

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.