The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Postgraduate accommodation at the University of Kent

I am going to university of Kent at September to do my postgraduate degree. I am looking at options for accommodation and I thought the recommended university's accommodation was a bit too expensive. I did look at other accommodations outside of the university, one company was only offering contracts from June to next June when I need September to next September. So are there cheaper options outside of the university for accommodation? Or is it better that I apply for the university's accommodation?
Reply 1
Hi there, I am also going to uni of kent this sept for my postgraduate degree. I applied the Canterbury Student Manor which is much cheaper than on-campus accommodation. Though it's 40-min walk to the campus but I personally think it is worth the price. You may consider it!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by cs1121
Hi there, I am also going to uni of kent this sept for my postgraduate degree. I applied the Canterbury Student Manor which is much cheaper than on-campus accommodation. Though it's 40-min walk to the campus but I personally think it is worth the price. You may consider it!
Yeah I looked into it but I think the rooms they are offering at the moment only until the end of August. I looked up the term dates apparently for postgrads we end at mid September. I did briefly look into maybe booking a another accommodation for two weeks. If you get reasonably priced one you can still save a good amount of money. I am leaning towards university accommodation. Did you get accommodation till mid September?
Reply 3
I get accommodation until late Aug. I read somewhere that they allow an extension if necessary. I think I will see if it's possible to extend my stay or I will move to another place after the contract.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending