The Student Room Group

2017 Mst. Program Applicant

Hello! I am new to this site, so forgive me if this thread is elsewhere - I did do a quick search and couldn't find what I was looking for. I submitted my application for the Mst Creative Writing program by the January 20th deadline. I was wondering what the timeline is for being offered an interview, if you are going to be offered one? Should I quit holding my breath now?
Reply 1
Hi~ I also applied for this course and my status still says "Your application is ready for assessment in the January deadline". I am trying to be positive and hoping no news is good news, but I am also wondering about the timeline for interviews.....

Good luck and let’s hope we hear back soon~:smile:
Reply 2
Hello! It does make me feel better that there are others still waiting - do you feel like no news is good news? I suppose I'm rather the opposite. I know that we have to be interviewed to be accepted, and the longer I go without an interview makes me feel like I'm not even being considered. If they weren't planning on offering an interview would they simply reject the application straightaway, I wonder? This is my first experience with this kind of application process! Either way, good luck to you! Hopefully we will talk again this fall :wink:

Original post by lvt11
Hi~ I also applied for this course and my status still says "Your application is ready for assessment in the January deadline". I am trying to be positive and hoping no news is good news, but I am also wondering about the timeline for interviews.....

Reply 3
Ivt, have you heard anything yet? I emailed the admissions contact for the Mst. Creative Writing program on Tuesday (so, almost a week ago) and was told that they were still scheduling interviews and reviewing applications, and not to be alarmed. Still, that was a week ago now, and I've still not heard anything.

Original post by lvt11

Reply 4
I haven't heard anything either :frown: Yesterday I tried to get onto the self-service but it wouldn't let me, so I can't even check.....I guess they have a lot of applications to work through.

If we haven't heard by the end of this month I will email and check too. But the longer the wait, the less sure I am that the news will be positive. Good luck and I hope we hear from them soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending