The Student Room Group

Volunteering (at a charity shop - more specifically Blue Cross)

For my Duke of Edinburgh I have to do 3 months of volunteering. After a lot of searching I have been accepted into 3 places. The first (and the one I am most interested in) is Blue cross, the second is Oxfam and the third is a little local charity shop.
I was just wondering if anyone could let me know what it is like to volunteer at a charity shop - more specifically Blue Cross - and what sort of jobs you do/did??
I am thinking of spending 1-4 hours at my local Blue cross/Oxfam shop and am keen to know what sort of thing I will be doing!
Thanks!!
Reply 1
Hi! I've been volunteering at blue cross for the past few months so I guess I can tell you what it's like, but it might be different to what you'll experience. at the start of my volunteering, I mainly was a cashier and did the til work which was pretty fun because you got to interact with customers. They also made me organise the clothes like putting them in order of size and you do take ins and take outs, so when new clothes come in , you have to tag it and label the price. You do the same for books and dvds.. sometimes you organise/clean the back room(storage room) where they have all the stuff waiting to go into the store.. it can be quite repetitive sometimes but its not too bad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending