The Student Room Group

Glasgow or Warwick for Literature/Philosophy?

I have received offers from both the University of Glasgow and the University of Warwick for English Literature and Philosophy.
Both programs seem interesting to me but I like the fact that there are creative writing courses in Warwick's program. I also like their philosophy program better.
A friend told me that the student life is better in Glasgow. I also prefer its urban location. If I go to Glasgow the Scottish government will pay for my studies whereas I will have to get a loan to go to Warwick (more than £27,000!).
I wish to go to graduate school, maybe outside the UK, so I want to know if one is better than the other for that (I do not know which criterias are considered for this, maybe reputation?).
Are the courses better in Warwick or in Glasgow? Where do you think I should go?
Warwick's a much more prestigious university, and when applying for a non-vocational arts course like English (unfortunately) prestige is extremely important as it affects how employers view and value you. I know it's bad form on TSR to suggest playing the prestige/leaderboard rankings game, but if it were me I wouldn't hesitate in choosing Warwick.
Original post by Parliament
I know it's bad form on TSR to suggest playing the prestige/leaderboard rankings game, but if it were me I wouldn't hesitate in choosing Warwick.

Thank you for answering honestly despite this. I also really like the program structure so I actually want to put Warwick before Glasgow.
There is still this little voice that tells me not to do that because stepping into the adult world indebted is not a pleasant idea and because Glasgow's conditions are higher (I don't know why?). But if prestige really plays a more important role when doing these courses as you said, I think I will indeed put Warwick before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending