The Student Room Group

Prefect Application Assistance

I would like some help on ideas for my application as I don't feel completely confident with it, the first paragraph especially needs a lot of improvement.

I want to be a Prefect because I like to, and wish to continue to, help the younger students as well as the school. I like to be a role model that people can follow and be inspired by.

So far in my years of _____ I have attended and helped at two Year 8 Options Evenings, three Year 6 Open Evenings (one of these I also helped in Spanish during the day). I have become a______Language Ambassador and led a Year 8 Assembly drawing attention to languages for their option choosing. I have tutored some students in Spanish and continued to for about two years, many of these older than me. Supporting the school in linguistics is an aspect I particularly enjoy.
As well as helping out in the MFL department, I have represented the school in hockey matches and tournaments; I have also completed two sponsored runs: Cancer Research and Project 3580. I have taken part in the BBC News Report, reporting on the Purple Angel dementia awareness. I was also an iPad Genius for a year and a half.
I have represented the school and performed in the School orchestra in the St. Austell Music Festival also in the Royal Albert Hall, playing my baritone and violin respectively. I have also been on the school’s music council.

I have developed a reputation as a dependable student and believe myself to have a mature outlook on school life. I believe myself to have demonstrated a confidence in public speaking and relating to the audience, my communication skills are sensitive and responsive to the audience and I understand the importance of speaking to people in a courteous and respectful manner, no matter the age.

I would bring a certain maturity to the Senior Prefect role, as well as good leadership. I feel that I would definitely be confident enough to lead a group of other prefects my own age. I would listen to everyone else’s opinions and take them into account as well as my own.
I would feel very confident to speak in assemblies, to both students and parents. I would easily be able to represent the school well.
I feel that my ability to communicate and work well in a team, as shown through my Duke of Edinburgh work, would be a useful asset to this role.

Quick Reply

Latest