The Student Room Group

University/Personal Statement

Hi
Im currently on my first year of undergraduate studies ,however am looking to change course.Do I have to mention what I learnt during my first year on my personal statement ?Additionally does this mean I have to exclude things from my original personal statement about the work and roles I had within school like being a prefect ?
Reply 1
Hi, so from my knowledge of you want to change course, you could directly ask the specific department in your uni that facilitates transfers and course changes. Personal statement wise if your changing courses within the same uni, it might not be needed. Not sure about transfers to other unis. Best to ask your uni as they are the best related to advice about this.
Original post by soaosaoid
Hi
Im currently on my first year of undergraduate studies ,however am looking to change course.Do I have to mention what I learnt during my first year on my personal statement ?Additionally does this mean I have to exclude things from my original personal statement about the work and roles I had within school like being a prefect ?

You don't have to discuss your current studies on your personal statement if you don't want to. You do need to list them in the qualifications section of your UCAS application though.

You can still write about the same extracurricular activities and such if you wish, although remember to focus on a) the course and b) your academic preparation for it, and just then reflect on those extracurricular activities and the skills you gained from them, rather than just listing them!

Note also sometimes soon (not sure if this year or next year?) they are changing the format of the personal statement to a series of structured questions rather than a single open format PS as it is now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending