The Student Room Group

Personal statement - prefect

For my personal statement for a computer science course at university, how important would it be to write down about the role of school prefect. I have already got examples of teamwork, responsibility which is more to do with computer science such as helping younger years code and being the digital director for my schools Young Enterprise company, is it worth adding that I am a School Prefect.
Doubt they'd care honestly...if you have some specific examples of projects you undertook as a prefect showcasing relevant transferable skills (leadership qualities, teamworking skills etc) then might be worth a brief mention. But no point in just listing it off (or indeed, anything - you should aim to show not tell with your PS!).
Reply 2
It is not that important. As an ex-prefect myself and I wrote one sentence about it in my ps last year since I didn't have a lot to write on extra curriculars. But it sounds like you have a lot. Is your paragraph on extra curriculars already a decently sized paragraph? If so, just leave it as it is or replace it with something not as important if you really want.
It's more important to talk about computer science super curriculars especially if you're aiming for the top universities. That should take the most of your ps and remember to explain them well. Hope it helps?
Original post by anon_r7
For my personal statement for a computer science course at university, how important would it be to write down about the role of school prefect. I have already got examples of teamwork, responsibility which is more to do with computer science such as helping younger years code and being the digital director for my schools Young Enterprise company, is it worth adding that I am a School Prefect.

I'd definitely include it at least, anything like that looks good on paper and helps to show your level of responsibility. This will help your application as a whole. 🙂

- Elliot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending