The Student Room Group

didn't get senior prefect positition

hi!
I applied for the head girl team and I didn't get in which i totally understand (possibily because it was literally the 5 most popular poeple elcted).However, i thought i would get senior prefect becuase the immense amount of help and work I've done towards the school i.e I go to at least 10 clubs a school year (with more than 80% going to none in my year), part of various sports team and compete with them. Help out with tours around the school help and out with younger years in their classes, used to run hockey and netball club (for tow years) for years 7's and also go to their competitions. Twice a year go to the annual music concert where im in at least 2 acts. Always stuck to the rules (no alters to school unifrom etc..) run three clubs this year.
Due to all of this I honesly dont know why I wasn't sleected bear in my mind there's 15 places (like shouldn't the commitment and support to the school come first???).Is their anything I should do?
(edited 1 year ago)
When I wasn't selected for a position of responsibility I just emailed to ask the person who organised the applications and positions of responsibility why I didn't get anything. It actually ended up being the case that I got the position but I was left off the email list. Even if that's not necessarily the case for you, feedback can always be helpful.
Reply 2
Original post by kas694
hi!
I applied for the head girl team and I didn't get in which i totally understand (possibily because it was literally the 5 most popular poeple elcted).However, i thought i would get senior prefect becuase the immense amount of help and work I've done towards the school i.e I go to at least 10 clubs a school year (with more than 80% going to none in my year), part of various sports team and compete with them. Help out with tours around the school help and out with younger years in their classes, used to run hockey and netball club (for tow years) for years 7's and also go to their competitions. Twice a year go to the annual music concert where im in at least 2 acts. Always stuck to the rules (no alters to school unifrom etc..) run three clubs this year.
Due to all of this I honesly dont know why I wasn't sleected bear in my mind there's 15 places (like shouldn't the commitment and support to the school come first???).Is their anything I should do?

Maybe they think that with all that you are doing already another post of responsibility would be too much.
Reply 3
Original post by scar-the-queen
When I wasn't selected for a position of responsibility I just emailed to ask the person who organised the applications and positions of responsibility why I didn't get anything. It actually ended up being the case that I got the position but I was left off the email list. Even if that's not necessarily the case for you, feedback can always be helpful.

hi
thanks for the help, im going to email them now on what they said but i ended up getting hsitroy prefect (quite upset) the list came out on who get the preferct roles all the senior prefect went to the some what poular people. i didnt even get school prefect which makes things worse
Reply 4
Original post by Euapp
Maybe they think that with all that you are doing already another post of responsibility would be too much.

that's one way of thinking - thanks though
Original post by kas694
hi
thanks for the help, im going to email them now on what they said but i ended up getting hsitroy prefect (quite upset) the list came out on who get the preferct roles all the senior prefect went to the some what poular people. i didnt even get school prefect which makes things worse

Wait for their response, it'll help you gain an understanding of their criteria. I understand that you're upset but perhaps they believed other people would be better suited for the role. 'Popular people' tend to have good social skills, so that may have played into it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending