The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

sarbruis
Anyone have a photo of a Collingwood double (or any double, I guess)? There's one on the JCR page, but it's really small and not take from a good spot.

I don't have any pictures of it, but a friend of mine was sharing in Collingwood for the first term and the room was amazing. Massive long desk space along one wall, really big window, loads of wardrobe space, and a nice little ensuite. I'm not sure if all your shared rooms are ensuite or not though...
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Collingwood doubles are indeed massive; they are very nice.

I don't like how they are at the other end of the College though.

I would much prefer a single. Collingwood singles *can* be very nice.
Reply 22
what does a hild bede single room look like?
i can't see much in the pictures available on the net.
thanks.
Reply 23
Im in AIdans in in G11, anyone know what that is like?
G11 is in one of the old houses. The rooms themselves aren't the best in college to be honest. You'll have a kitchen for the whole house and two toilets a bath and a shower. The chances are you'll mainly be in a house with third years but there may be some freshers also. You do get a spiral staircase and the landing is fairly roomy and got massive windows so your room will be fairly light. Its also away from the main body of college and on a different fire alarm cicuit so you won't be woken by the freshers week fire alarms there always seems to be so many of.
I've been allocated b102 in aidan's, sharing with another girl, I can't wait.
B102 is my old room!
Reply 27
aa
~Jinxes~
Apparently I'm in the Rectory at Hatfield, wasn't told which room. Any info on what the rooms there are like?? xxxxxx

If you type in "hatfield college durham accomodation" into Google, you'll get a photo of one of the nicer rooms (on the various touristy "stay here!" sites). I don't know much more, cause I suspect that when I was showed around last summer, I was mainly shown the nicer rooms.

Oh, and did Hatfield send you a letter telling you where your accomodation was/if you were sharing? *if so, looks forward to her letter*
I would stick my room down here, but given the recent stalkers on here id rather not make it public (though those in Aidans who want to know, feel free to PM me). Though I did get a single room :biggrin:
Reply 30
Just got allocated my room in Trevs, yay! I'm sharing, with a girl called Siobhan and I'm in F1/7&8. Is this a refurbed room? (I don't really mind, just wanna know if it's worth bringing my big mirror :P) And does the F1 bit mean it's on the ground floor? And anything else you wanna tell me :smile:
Reply 31
Hollz127
Just got allocated my room in Trevs, yay! I'm sharing, with a girl called Siobhan and I'm in F1/7&8. Is this a refurbed room? (I don't really mind, just wanna know if it's worth bringing my big mirror :P) And does the F1 bit mean it's on the ground floor? And anything else you wanna tell me :smile:

Yay for Trevs! :biggrin:

F1 is on the first floor, hence the "1" (we're not in America, this is England - we have Ground floors :wink:)

So you're in F Block, 1st Floor, Room 7&8 (Yes, double rooms have 2 room numbers, just to make it easier to split them into 2 rooms if it's ever refurbished)

Your block isn't a refurbished block unfortunately, but it's quite the hub of activity - F1 always seems "the place to be" in Freshers Week - seriously there's always loads of people hanging around there, mainly because it's right in the middle of college!

I'm trying to think where 7&8 are - if I'm right (and I think I am) you have a toilet and shower on your landing, your room overlooks the Quad (the grassy area in the middle of college), and you're right next to the link corridor to E Block :smile:
Reply 32
Thank you for the super-fast reply! Just over a week to go, how exciting :P
Reply 33
My room next year apparently has a bath.

Anyone wish to attend the opening BAAF PARTY?
~Jinxes~
Apparently I'm in the Rectory at Hatfield, wasn't told which room. Any info on what the rooms there are like?? xxxxxx

rectory is really nice, the rooms are big and you will be sharing. it is a quiet block a mixture of 1st and 3rd years. they are nice and bright and hopefully you will overlook the master's garden, which is a very nice view, or if not it will be the tennis courts. one of my friends had a view over the garden and a big room out the back, and the other had a lovely bay window overlooking the main college! they are nice rooms do not worry, not ensuite but have sinks and mirrors etc. hope you are looking forward to coming to hatfield, it's great :-) pm me if you want to know anything else! what subject are you doing?
Reply 35
Hollz127
Thank you for the super-fast reply! Just over a week to go, how exciting :P

HELLO Holly! My masterly skills tell me that you are one of my freshers! That's awesome! F1 rooms dont have massive mirrors and inf act if i remember correctly there is actually only one mirror in there so if you parents dont mind it couldbe worth bringing the big one. People may well flock to you as in non-refurb there is a distinct lack of good length mirrors and people always want to check their outfits before big nights out! :biggrin:
Reply 36
I still don't know if I'm sharing or not...I want to know!!! :frown:
Reply 37
TKR
HELLO Holly! My masterly skills tell me that you are one of my freshers! That's awesome! F1 rooms dont have massive mirrors and inf act if i remember correctly there is actually only one mirror in there so if you parents dont mind it couldbe worth bringing the big one. People may well flock to you as in non-refurb there is a distinct lack of good length mirrors and people always want to check their outfits before big nights out! :biggrin:

I shall be popular due to owning a full length mirror... could be worse :rolleyes:
And yay for being one of your freshers! you don't seem too bad :p:
Reply 38
Winnipeg
I still don't know if I'm sharing or not...I want to know!!! :frown:

You'll only know if you get a letter - if you haven't got anything then it should mean you're not sharing :smile:
Reply 39
There are two different types of Collingwood doubles- those in the new block and those in the old. New ones = enormous and ensuite. Old = about the size of two single rooms on the end of each other with no ensuite. Do you know what block you're in?

Latest