The Student Room Group

Trickia's Yr 11 journey 2023-24

Hello,

A state school student

This is just for myself personally to look back and see how this year went blah blah and for friends who wanna see. I saw other ppl do smth like this so I wanna do it too!

Rn predicted
English lit and lang (aqa) 7
Poems is power & conflict
Book/Plays - A Christmas Carol, Macbeth and Inspector Calls
Maths (edexcel) 9
Art (edexcel) 7
History (edexcel ) 8
Medicine thought time - western front, early elizabethan England, superpowers/cold war, USA conflict home and abroad
Music (ocr) 8
Triple science all (edexcel) 8
Chinese (aqa) 8

My target grades are all 8s hoping to get all As (bottomline) 😂

I haven't met all my predicted/target grades oh well hopefully I will in the next mocks or the actual exam 😭
I will get my Chinese results in 2 weeks time😭
(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Adding on sixth forms I'm interested in/planning to apply to
Subjects planning to take - > Bio, Chem, Maths and maybe further maths
My aspirational ass wants to go to Cambridge Uni for bio Nat sci 😍

1. Hills
2. CAST or CMS
3. Longs

2 depends on what predicted grades I get in my october/November mocks
If I get the results I want then CMS if not then CAST.

Grades needed for to tick all boxes an 8 atleast😭
Tag me :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Aloysius O'Hare
Tag me :smile:

Will do tbh if you just watch the thread, I will add new things instead of editing😅
Original post by Trickia
Will do tbh if you just watch the thread, I will add new things instead of editing😅

Done. 👍
Reply 5
I just realised I have to get ready for an entrance exam. But it's maths so it should be all good/ you need at least 60%. Personally achieveable but I obviously need to get higher - competition bro is high to be considered in a group of 80 ppl, narrowed down - which only 40 places are given. They have given the spec which is like GCSE content, so should be fine with practice like usual😅😁

Reality and life is just starting to sink in I daydream/romanticise way way too much😱

@Aloysius O'Hare
good luck xx i’m sure you’ll do great
Reply 7
Original post by agent_duck343
good luck xx i’m sure you’ll do great

Tysm xx
Reply 8
Silly lil update:

Doing the last bits of my summer hwk - obvs english saved the worst for last - these booklets will be the death of me lmao
less than a week to gcse results day! im only getting one - the amount of anxiety the class of 2023 must be feeling is unmeasurable!
#BeResultsProud either way

did some maths questions to refresh what i have learnt to make sure i don't forgot critical stuff...
year 11 in under 3 weeks - this year i got 7 weeks instead of 6 but in the first time i want it to last longer :frown: it has gone way too fast
Original post by Trickia
Silly lil update:

Doing the last bits of my summer hwk - obvs english saved the worst for last - these booklets will be the death of me lmao
less than a week to gcse results day! im only getting one - the amount of anxiety the class of 2023 must be feeling is unmeasurable!
#BeResultsProud either way

did some maths questions to refresh what i have learnt to make sure i don't forgot critical stuff...
year 11 in under 3 weeks - this year i got 7 weeks instead of 6 but in the first time i want it to last longer :frown: it has gone way too fast

Omg you're a cams girlie! Same!!!
Reply 10
Original post by toothysmile
Omg you're a cams girlie! Same!!!

omg same nice to meet ya i just got very excited haha
Original post by Trickia
omg same nice to meet ya i just got very excited haha

haha i see you want to get into hills and long and i was like hmmmm
Reply 12
fair fairs i do say i live somewhere in east anglia......
i checked yours and i saw your name and i instantly thought of someone from my school who im close with
Reply 13
haha i see you want to get into hills and long and i was like hmmmm

have you done your gcses? or even a levels? if not what did you take? only if you dm me asking
Original post by Trickia
have you done your gcses? or even a levels? if not what did you take? only if you dm me asking

I have taken GCSEs lolol, I'm going into Y13, I go to a sixth form near the leisure centre (not saying which one though there's 4)... I'm currently doing A-levels in Bio Chem Math and Further Maths
Also I used to have this snoopy icon as a pfp but for some reason its gone... So another match...
Reply 16
I have taken GCSEs lolol, I'm going into Y13, I go to a sixth form near the leisure centre (not saying which one though there's 4)... I'm currently doing A-levels in Bio Chem Math and Further Maths

I see - i have just done 1/10 as you can see lmao
that's personal information so that's perfectly understandable!
i want to take the same a level subjects as you lolol
there are so many in cambs you won't see me attempting to guess anytime soon - including cambridgeshire
what do you think a level further maths is like (i have asked alot of ppl but i want a range of ops)
Reply 17
Also I used to have this snoopy icon as a pfp but for some reason its gone... So another match...

yea it's a bit strange the one i have has disappeared i was looking at changing it last night but i haven't luckily
Reply 18
Hiya everyone I got my gcse results online!
I'm happy to say I got a 9 🎉
So getting all A* is in my eyes now 😍
(edited 8 months ago)
well doneeee
i’m so happy for you 🎉🎉🎉

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending