The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Worried about failing

Hi. First year studying computer science.
I will try my best to summarise everything. Through a mixture of bad habits that have gotten really out of control here, being extremely ignorant to my academic studies and emotional and financial instability, since I got here I managed to get an extremely low attendance rate. I don't think my overall is above 30%. I have some courses that I've also never been to. In my exams in January I got above 80% to each besides one course(Communication Systems) in wich I took 20 and also haven't been attending the labs.
The second term is also over as well and I also managed to not show up to my Maths module not even once, this also being the case for Systems Architecture. If only speaking about grades I am confident that I can well pass everything besides 1 module (or 2 I don't know if they count as 1) but as I said my attendance is very poor and already been flagged twice.

I don't want to make more excuses for myself and run away from my problems. I know that what I did is very ignorant and I really have to become more responsible.
3:40 AM right now and I'm writing this message. Yup, not going to sleep tonight (out of context, I know). Do you think that I will fail my year? Will I be withdrawn from my studies? Is the volume of work here "re-sit-able"? Is it too late? How hard is it to change Courses? (eg. Business Computing). So many questions..

TL;DR - I am an irresponsible person trying to make things right. If I fail 1 module with the others being over 80 and have my attendance very poor(under 30) will I fail my year? Can I move to another course such as Business Computing?

Thank you in advance.
First, off it doesn't sound like you're failing and it sounds like you're confident of doing well in the exams. Has the uni contacted you about your attendance being an issue for progression to the next year? If not then it's not an issue. I would make an appointment with your personal tutor ASAP and explain what's going on and why and what you plan to do about it. Work hard for these exams and find out what the process is for resitting the one you didn't do well in last term and pull your socks up for next year.
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending