The Student Room Group

I failed 4 modules in 2nd year

Jusr finkched semester 2, I failed like 4 modules in total, 2 I am waiting for feedback they are semester 1 modules that I failed the first time round. The 3 modules I failed from 2nd year semester 2, and the 1 module I failed is From 1st year 2nd semester. I'm honestly getting very bad vibes as I'm scared I will get kicked out of University for failing numerous modules I do have the opportunity to retake them as of now, but still when the uni sees all these failed modules. It's an automatic withdrawal from the course right? I'm super worried at the moment and not feeling positive. Can anyone help plz
Hello!
I apologise that you are experiencing this right now.
I'd recommend getting into contact with the university, and discussing with them what your next steps are and if there is anything that you can do to resit when possible..
Unfortunately universities have different protocols when it comes to students and their grades as well as the impact that they have on their ability to progress with their course, it may be that you resit the year and then move up next year?
Either way it'll be a good idea to speak with the university first hand and see what they recommend, because again it may just be a case of resitting the year!

Kind regards,
Courtney H
Depends on the uni, the course, and whatever specific circumstances surrounding the situation.

No matter what, it is a time for both you and the uni to look at the situation and objectively consider if this course is right for you at this time. It may well be that the course is exactly what you want to study, but for whatever reason you aren't able to cope with it right now. It's perfectly reasonable to also consider the possibility of taking a few years out then returning to study - even for that same course.

This also means that even if you are offered the opportunity to resit the modules or the year, it's well worth taking some time to first thing about whether doing so will yield a different outcome at present or not. As there wouldn't be much gained by just rushing headfirst into a resit year, for example, and potentially having the same end result (which would actually present more problems later if you wanted to take a few years out then return to study, due to affect your student finance entitlement).

It is a turning point regardless, whether that is to stay the course but have this as a wake up call to significantly change your approach, or if it's a sign to look at other things to pursue for the time being (bearing in mind, of course, that doing so does not rule out returning to uni at a later date).
@Basil_1822

It might be good to reflect on the past two years as @artful_lounger explains above.

Are there things going on in your personal life that is affecting your ability to focus on your studies?

You sound like you want to make university work for you, as you don't want to be thrown off the course, and you are feeling worried about everything, but it would be good to think about why things haven't been going so well and what may need to change.

Do talk to your university tutor.

All the best,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending