The Student Room Group

Ukcat score

hi , I completed my first UKCAT mock test from the UKCAT website and scored 1680. Below is what I achieved in each section - the total score does not include the SJ.
VR - 550 DM- 450 QR-330 AR- 350
is this a good score for the first time , I know I need to improve but for the first attempt is it a decent score ???
Original post by ZH786
hi , I completed my first UKCAT mock test from the UKCAT website and scored 1680. Below is what I achieved in each section - the total score does not include the SJ.
VR - 550 DM- 450 QR-330 AR- 350
is this a good score for the first time , I know I need to improve but for the first attempt is it a decent score ???

Firstly, why are you doing UKCAT practice now, and why are you using the official mock tests? They are finite and probably the best resources for practice, don't waste anymore.

It is very low score, but you can and will improve with practice. I would suggest that you forget about the UKCAT until after you exams, it only needs 2-3 weeks max of prep.
You should aim at an average of 650 minimum, that would keep your options open for a lot of unis. Over 750 would let you apply pretty much wherever you want. So, you do still have a long way to go - but if you haven't practiced much I'm sure that's a decent score yeah. :smile: As HopelessMedic said it's still way too early to think about the UKCAT. A few weeks of intensive practice just before the test is enough. You'll get a lot better when you get routine in approaching the different question types. You should use resources like Medify or the ISC 1000 questions book for basic practice and only start doing the mocks when you already have some routine.
Reply 3
Original post by StationToStation
You should aim at an average of 650 minimum, that would keep your options open for a lot of unis. Over 750 would let you apply pretty much wherever you want. So, you do still have a long way to go - but if you haven't practiced much I'm sure that's a decent score yeah. :smile: As HopelessMedic said it's still way too early to think about the UKCAT. A few weeks of intensive practice just before the test is enough. You'll get a lot better when you get routine in approaching the different question types. You should use resources like Medify or the ISC 1000 questions book for basic practice and only start doing the mocks when you already have some routine.

:smile: thank you for your advice , it was really helpful , appreciate it. when I practice nearer to the time of the test I will start with my weakest section and prioritise that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending