The Student Room Group

Home Office Caseworker

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Original post by Choppy2015
Glad it was an OK day for you! Just wondering, do you mean 50 people starting each week April till end of may in which case they will already know their start dates now and the rest of us won't have a start date for ages or they are sending 50 start date emails out each week till end of may? Just that I know some have start dates for June now? Thanks for the update!

One of the people running it today said there’s 50 people starting each week, 2 groups of 25. It could be wrong but I know getting any info is like getting blood out of a stone so 😆
Reply 1061
This is just the worst onboarding process I've ever come across. Anyone not in work atm or desperate to hand their notice in?
Original post by Synn84
Yes me, I submitted my CTC on 28.02.18 and it is still in progress. Had more than a few issues with Civil Service HR claiming reference checks had not been sent, but they had been sent 3 times.

Good luck to those with start dates, hopefully see you soon!

I submitted mine 09/01/2018 - literally the day we received the portal. I received clearance on 27/02/2018. it's now been over two months since I heard anything. and I don't have any annoyance at those fortunate to have received their start dates, but I am frustrated that I have seen some receive their start dates depsite not being cleared until 4-6 weeks after myself. There are some who didn't submit their details until after I had been cleared who have received their start dates! i was also a bit worried that my sponsor seemed quite surprised and worried that I hadn't received it yet.
Original post by Abc22
One of the people running it today said there’s 50 people starting each week, 2 groups of 25. It could be wrong but I know getting any info is like getting blood out of a stone so 😆

at least it's weekly and not monthly hiring which I was worried about
Original post by JMR56
This is just the worst onboarding process I've ever come across. Anyone not in work atm or desperate to hand their notice in?

I handed in my notice at the start of April. I wanted to badly leave anyway but now Im thinking I could have stuck it out a few more weeks.
Original post by JMR56

I'm not in work. Finished in march just because contract stopped. Hubby paying all the bills at most so it's getting ridiculous and if it's something silly holding up my start date I'll go mad.
Original post by JMR56

I'm not working and haven't been since January. If they had been more transparent from the start I would have got another job during the wait just to tie me over financially. The lack of information is hurting everyone in different ways, it's really frustrating
I received an email last night stating that I had not submitted my CTC form yet! I screen shotted the NSVS portal showing the completed status and that it was sent 42 days ago! This is such a shambles!!!
Original post by Lou1014
I received an email last night stating that I had not submitted my CTC form yet! I screen shotted the NSVS portal showing the completed status and that it was sent 42 days ago! This is such a shambles!!!

What a nightmare- it really is a shambles. Hope you get it sorted soon!

I am lucky enough to still be in employment atm (although I am dying to hand in my notice as I hate it!) but can only imagine how all the more frustrating and stressful this must be for people who are not currently in work. I just can’t quite believe how they can get away with treating people like this- not only this long drawn out process with no real communication keeping people in the dark, but changing the locations of the job AND then telling us that we won’t know where we’re based until AFTER we’ve started, and not offering different working patterns (that were advertised with the initial job!). How aren’t people meant to arrange commuting? Or childcare?

It’s just awful and I really hope all of us left without start dates hear something very soon and the process then becomes a little smoother. 🤞🏻
Original post by Lorzy89
What a nightmare- it really is a shambles. Hope you get it sorted soon!

I am lucky enough to still be in employment atm (although I am dying to hand in my notice as I hate it!) but can only imagine how all the more frustrating and stressful this must be for people who are not currently in work. I just can’t quite believe how they can get away with treating people like this- not only this long drawn out process with no real communication keeping people in the dark, but changing the locations of the job AND then telling us that we won’t know where we’re based until AFTER we’ve started, and not offering different working patterns (that were advertised with the initial job!). How aren’t people meant to arrange commuting? Or childcare?

It’s just awful and I really hope all of us left without start dates hear something very soon and the process then becomes a little smoother. 🤞🏻

I couldn't agree more. I am not working because my contract finished and my application for this job was based on location and flexible working as I have two kids under 4 to get to school and childminder and I don't drive so I'm on public transport so if I can't get part time or a city centre location I will feel I have a wasted a whole year when I could have been in a different job by now.
I'm really hoping for a June start and city centre part time. Do you think we will have the opportunity to appeal location if we get the wrong location? It's supposed to be a very family friendly flexible organisation so I'm hoping we can at least ask? That's if we even get a job lol!!
I have just received an email from my Sponsor who has gone above and beyond to be fair, and also an email from PM recruitment.

PM Recruitment said they are waiting for my security clearance to be released by the security team (I have had clearance for over two months now).

My sponsor bas then been in touch and he has just had to reissue all my details and clearance to them.

so essentially it would appear all my information has been lost and had to be redone so I imagine I will be the last person to be employed.

I spent hours on the day they sent the portal 09/01/2018 so i could submit it that nigbt and be one of the first recruited. the irony.
Original post by darylkerri77
I have just received an email from my Sponsor who has gone above and beyond to be fair, and also an email from PM recruitment.

PM Recruitment said they are waiting for my security clearance to be released by the security team (I have had clearance for over two months now).

My sponsor bas then been in touch and he has just had to reissue all my details and clearance to them.

so essentially it would appear all my information has been lost and had to be redone so I imagine I will be the last person to be employed.

I spent hours on the day they sent the portal 09/01/2018 so i could submit it that nigbt and be one of the first recruited. the irony.

I would not be surprised if that has happened to me too. I also have been cleared for 2 months but my sponsor is not replying to any emails so I could be in an even worse position than you as my sponsor could be off ill or anything and I would be none the wiser. I have emailed pm recruitment with my concerns just awaiting a reply but I am 99% sure the same has happened to me!
I would not be surprised if that has happened to me too. I also have been cleared for 2 months but my sponsor is not replying to any emails so I could be in an even worse position than you as my sponsor could be off ill or anything and I would be none the wiser. I have emailed pm recruitment with my concerns just awaiting a reply but I am 99% sure the same has happened to me!

have you emailed the home office customer services asking for a new sponsor or an update? it isnt fair that you aren't communicating with your sponsor. especially as mine has been incredible throughout.
have you emailed the home office customer services asking for a new sponsor or an update? it isnt fair that you aren't communicating with your sponsor. especially as mine has been incredible throughout.

I don't think I have. What is the home office customer services address? Do you know where I might find it? Thanks I will try this!
Well I just got exactly the same standard email response despite telling them all my concerns re waiting 2 months and having no contact with sponsor.

Thank you for your email.

We are still awaiting confirmation from our security team. Although you have received your CTC certificate, our security team will notify us of this clearance once they have fully completed your pre employment checks.

Once we receive this, and we have available start dates, we will be in touch.

This is ridiculous. I emailed straight back saying I was concerned my info has been lost and could they advise on any information regarding my sponsor who has not been in contact despite my emails. They need to address each individual situation not just send out a blanket email without addressing your particular query. Aaaarrrghh I am so close to pulling my hair out right now. I nearly threw my phone when I read it!!!
Well I just got exactly the same standard email response despite telling them all my concerns re waiting 2 months and having no contact with sponsor.

Thank you for your email.

We are still awaiting confirmation from our security team. Although you have received your CTC certificate, our security team will notify us of this clearance once they have fully completed your pre employment checks.

Once we receive this, and we have available start dates, we will be in touch.

This is ridiculous. I emailed straight back saying I was concerned my info has been lost and could they advise on any information regarding my sponsor who has not been in contact despite my emails. They need to address each individual situation not just send out a blanket email without addressing your particular query. Aaaarrrghh I am so close to pulling my hair out right now. I nearly threw my phone when I read it!!!

i dont have the email! perhaps tbere is a number on the civil service application page???

i am so close to tearing my hair out too. i can't imagine the home office using PM recruitment in the future after this incident
i dont have the email! perhaps tbere is a number on the civil service application page???

i am so close to tearing my hair out too. i can't imagine the home office using PM recruitment in the future after this incident

I have just emailed the home office on the feedback tab on the civil service jobs page so hopefully they can chase something up for me. Fingers crossed!
I have just emailed the home office on the feedback tab on the civil service jobs page so hopefully they can chase something up for me. Fingers crossed!

I imagine that we are in the same post that Silver67Surfer was in with the lost security clearance. My sponsor reissued all my details and I have just now received this email from PM Recruitment:

Good afternoon

We have received confirmation *of your clearance from our security team.
We will be in touch later this week when we have available start dates

Kind regards
Aw congrats you are nearly there now then. Keep us posted! X
Reply 1079
I emailed who I think is my sponsor and got this
"From week commencing 22/02, GRS Pre-employment checking and on-boarding teams have

moved from HMRC’s IT platform to the Cabinet Office. W

e have moved large volumes of data during a period where we are receiving high volumes of checks, which has meant that there have

been a number of days when normal working has not been possible.

Firstly please accept our apologies for any delays you may have experienced, we are working through emails as quickly as possible.

All pre-employment checks should be sent to the following email address, [email protected]. Please do not email individual email addresses as these will not be answered.

PLEASE NOTE, Home Office have agreed to a SLA waiver for GRS and SSCL. What this means for each business area is that all NEN requests will be processed in start date order only, aligned with SSCL pay roll cut off dates.

Vacancy holders, If you have an urgent query please contact the PEC's hotline on the number included within your weekly update. Please note, all previous contact numbers are no longer operational
Thanks"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending