The Student Room Group

Writing my CV

I have to do 1 week work experience and I haven't found one yet but I have to write a CV.
The only things I can put on it is doing the year 10 UCL horizons programme, going to careers days, coming in on schools on Saturdays for open days to give tours to potential new year 7s and getting an award for doing a guitar performance. It's not the best compared to other people, but I'm not sure how I'm meant to go about writing it. Any ideas?
CVs aren't as bad as you'd think to write. Start with your name, contact details, and address at the top left side (where the address would go in a letter). Sections to maybe include are:

personal attributes - a few key words to describe yourself (e.g. "committed, enthusiastic, engaging" etc.)
education - just put your predicted grades for now
experience - can include volunteering so anything you've done to help out in your free time, including things like school ambassadors
personal hobbies - a few things that might show you to be an all-round person (I have things like cooking, needlework, musical theatre)
references - try to get the name and number of a senior teacher (the higher up, the better so long as they personally know you) and someone external who's not a family member/friend (e.g. swim coach, scouting leader) (and obviously ask their permission first!)
Reply 2
Original post by zoe.nyaku
I have to do 1 week work experience and I haven't found one yet but I have to write a CV.
The only things I can put on it is doing the year 10 UCL horizons programme, going to careers days, coming in on schools on Saturdays for open days to give tours to potential new year 7s and getting an award for doing a guitar performance. It's not the best compared to other people, but I'm not sure how I'm meant to go about writing it. Any ideas?

I would google a cv template and then fill it out

Quick Reply

Latest