The Student Room Group

CV help

Hi

If I send a picture of my CV crossing out my name and other details would someone who's good at cvs and that have a look and tell me if I need to improve because I've been getting rejected from apprenticeships.20231104_154352_0000.png20231104_154352_0001.png
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by WORKHELP465
Hi

If I send a picture of my CV crossing out my name and other details would someone who's good at cvs and that have a look and tell me if I need to improve because I've been getting rejected from apprenticeships.20231104_154352_0000.png20231104_154352_0001.png
Hi

Hi there,

Some quick tips for you to improve the CV.

1) Make the text section at the start more succinct. First two sentences are good. However you don't need to explain why you want a degree apprenticeship, it's not relevant. Just put at the start "highly motivated student looking for a degree apprenticeship in the technology sector" or something along those lines.

2) You have a lot of work experience which is good however don't just list them out. Go in detail on what you did on each one and the things you learnt (I can send over a link which shows you how to do this better, and also walks you through the process of writing the text section at the start - just let me know if you want me to send that link over).

3) After the work experience section, you want a key achievements section. This can include things like your data online courses and coding camp learning. However it can also include other things like sports teams, music, DofE etc. Write a couple of sentences for each one, just like with the work experience section.

4) Your CV can go up to 2 pages maximum - I'd recommend you utilise the full length so that you can show off as many skills and experiences as possible.

Hope that helps with your CV. Any questions or if you want me to send over the link that helps with apprenticeship CVs, just let me know.
Reply 3
Original post by apprentinsideryt
Hi there,

Some quick tips for you to improve the CV.

1) Make the text section at the start more succinct. First two sentences are good. However you don't need to explain why you want a degree apprenticeship, it's not relevant. Just put at the start "highly motivated student looking for a degree apprenticeship in the technology sector" or something along those lines.

2) You have a lot of work experience which is good however don't just list them out. Go in detail on what you did on each one and the things you learnt (I can send over a link which shows you how to do this better, and also walks you through the process of writing the text section at the start - just let me know if you want me to send that link over).

3) After the work experience section, you want a key achievements section. This can include things like your data online courses and coding camp learning. However it can also include other things like sports teams, music, DofE etc. Write a couple of sentences for each one, just like with the work experience section.

4) Your CV can go up to 2 pages maximum - I'd recommend you utilise the full length so that you can show off as many skills and experiences as possible.

Hope that helps with your CV. Any questions or if you want me to send over the link that helps with apprenticeship CVs, just let me know.

Hi
Thank you soo much. I would appreciate any links you send over. I had to do my CV all on my own with no help from college but I appreciate all the feedback
Hi
Thank you soo much. I would appreciate any links you send over. I had to do my CV all on my own with no help from college but I appreciate all the feedback

No problem, here's the link - https://youtu.be/Tvgi9_0iYOI?si=w_rXlxzKuN1miPv-

Thats the issue at the moment - schools and colleges are so focused on university that they don't do anything about apprenticeships.

Hope that helps.
Reply 5
Spellcheck! I've spotted 'VIRUAL', 'begginer' and 'undertanding'...
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
Spellcheck! I've spotted 'VIRUAL', 'begginer' and 'undertanding'...

Omg thanks so much I don't know how I missed them unless I'm blind lol
Reply 7
Omg thanks so much I don't know how I missed them unless I'm blind lol

That's why you get someone else to read it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending