The Student Room Group

Grade 7/8/9 English lit students help

At the moment I would say that I am around a 6/7 grade English lit student (Aqa) board could anyone give me tips on how to hit the top marks/impress the examiner thanks
Judicious quotes and context are important for higher marks.
Reply 2
I find the CGP books quite good.
Reply 3
When using talking about your quotations, try to talk about it in as much detail as possible. By this, I mean find the methods, what it means, what it could mean, everything. For example, in Frankenstein which I'm studying, if you were to use a quote such as "I ought to be thy Adam", you could talk about the biblical references, where this idea appears elsewhere in the text, how it represents the attitude that the Creature has towards Victor, anything you can think of. As long as you can back up what you're saying, you can't really go wrong.

What texts are you studying? I'm doing AQA as well, studying Frankenstein, Macbeth, An Inspector Calls and Power and Conflict Poetry :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ecila21
When using talking about your quotations, try to talk about it in as much detail as possible. By this, I mean find the methods, what it means, what it could mean, everything. For example, in Frankenstein which I'm studying, if you were to use a quote such as "I ought to be thy Adam", you could talk about the biblical references, where this idea appears elsewhere in the text, how it represents the attitude that the Creature has towards Victor, anything you can think of. As long as you can back up what you're saying, you can't really go wrong.

What texts are you studying? I'm doing AQA as well, studying Frankenstein, Macbeth, An Inspector Calls and Power and Conflict Poetry :smile:

I do Jekyll and Hyde, Macbeth,Inspector calls and power and conflict anthology

Quick Reply

Latest