The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE Geography 2nd May, 10th May, 6th June

Scroll to see replies

what paper are u guys doing tomorrow. cause each timezone has a diff number. mine is paper 12.
Original post by Ghanim.alk
what paper are u guys doing tomorrow. cause each timezone has a diff number. mine is paper 12.

Mine is paper 12 too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What topics r people leaving out in each theme?
Original post by Ghanim.alk

Same paper 12
Original post by Tharun01
What topics r people leaving out in each theme?

depends on what we get, good luck
Guys, let's make an agreement:
We're ALL gonna give this test a good spanking.
Let's leave CIE baffled as to how we all got A* 100%!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by safa_k
what do we need to know about mangrove swamps???? lol and I cant believe it on Tuesday arghhhhhhhhhh

Mangrove swamps are areas between land and sea in which trees and shrubs grow. They are only found in areas where the climate is tropical, the shore is soft and muddy (so they can root) freshwater is present and a shallow slope is present.
Reply 27
How did everyone find the exam
I think we got really good topics, and I find that it went really well!
the exam was not bad. i did question one and the plate tectonics and the tourism/industry one.
anyone put together a mark scheme for it yet.?
what were the causes of an earthquake again? I wrote about:

destructive plate boundary
convection currents move plates
subduction of oceanic plate
sudden release of pressure
sends shockwaves which caused the earthquake
thats about right isn't it?
I did Haiti: But it wasn't a destructive plate boundary: It was a conservative plate boundary?
But yh depending on your case study that sounds about right!
Hope it went well for everyone :smile:
Reply 33
For the plate tectonics 7 mark question the mark scheme is the same as the 2015 June series plate tectonics question
Original post by ravenclaw123
I did Haiti: But it wasn't a destructive plate boundary: It was a conservative plate boundary?
But yh depending on your case study that sounds about right!
Hope it went well for everyone :smile:

yeah thanks I did Kobe (Japan). I thought the paper was relatively easy how did you find it?
I did Population, Rivers and Industry/Tourism, but 3/4 markers for rivers was dodgy tbh. Also disliked 5 marker for Industry (although you couldn't ask for an easier 3 mark).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by camfanclash
I did Population, Rivers and Industry/Tourism, but 3/4 markers for rivers was dodgy tbh. Also disliked 5 marker for Industry (although you couldn't ask for an easier 3 mark).

Posted from TSR Mobile

How was industry? I scanned through it and it looked kind of weird so I did farming instead. Farming was pretty simple to be honest...
What was the answer for political influences ?
Got low minimum wage
Lack of pollution charges
Corruption (i think)
And one other thing?
How did people find it !!?? X
Original post by Kronixion
yeah thanks I did Kobe (Japan). I thought the paper was relatively easy how did you find it?

I did Kobe as well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending