The Trains Society.

Scroll to see replies

Vesta
That's where I live :smile:

What, Paddington?
Reply 41
Jonah Ramone
What, Paddington?

NW of Central London, I can take the Met or Jubilee line home.
Silly lines :p:
Reply 43
:eek: What! Why?
Beause they don't go anywhere cool.

Picadilly and Northern are the best. Oh, and District, even though I don't use it often; it goes to Fulham Broadway :biggrin:
Reply 45
District is always delayed. Northern is boring, although it does goes to Hampstead.

The Jubilee is the best because it goes to my house, school and Oxford Street :love:
Reply 46
wesetters
I had to take a bus from Machylllllllnneqth (can't spell it) to Aber because the train stopped :frown:

Machynlleth :wink: You were nearly there :p:
Reply 47
Yay we're official! :biggrin:

But for some reason I'm not a co-founder :hmmm:
Reply 48
I am now!

To join, go to the socs list, [linky at the top of the page], and click our"Join this soc" link [we're on page 12 of the socs list]
Reply 49
Or just click here: http://thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=join&socid=564 :wink:

Rightio, you're on the Socs index under 'Other Hobbies/Interests' (Category Two) :smile:
Reply 50
Reply 51
If you're into your trains then I suggest you save up a few hundred quid and goto India next summer. Nowhere in the world have I ever seen such a celebration of diversity, romance, history but also poverty and hardship. If you like trains, A 36hr journey on sleeper class from Madras to Delhi (or similar cross country) will be one of the best experiences of your life! The sounds, the smells,the songs, the food, the 1km+ long train, the ~1500 passengers, the horn, the beggars, the toilets...everything!

Trains in this country (England) used to be fun but ever since the old british rail Intercity trains were replaced they just became too boring and business like
Reply 52
What I don't get is the fact that many train companies caremore about their buisnesscustomers than they do about us mere mortals. First class tickets should be more easily available too.
I like being on trains.

Don't like how they look though, the old Orient Express stylee trains were better.

Mm, train weekend next week. Old steam trains ahoy.
I once knew a guy who like buses a lot.

He had 74 bus pictures on his phone, and knew the indivudual routes, numbers, companies and makes of every single one. They were all taken from magazines.

He was also a patient in a mental institution...

Yeah, you need someone like that - only with trains.
BornUnderPunches
I once knew a guy who like buses a lot.

He had 74 bus pictures on his phone, and knew the indivudual routes, numbers, companies and makes of every single one. They were all taken from magazines.

He was also a patient in a mental institution...

Yeah, you need someone like that - only with trains.

Buses are really boring though, whereas trains are interesting because of the advances you can make in rail transportation. Apart from newer models, there isn't much you can do with buses!
Jangrafess
Bendy buses!

EDIT: You really mucked up posting that, dk9.

Articulated buses.

By the way, 35 days until the end of Silverlink Metro! ;yes;
Reply 57
The Orient Express still runs, you can go from London to Paris for a bargain of £1500...
dk9
Articulated buses.

By the way, 35 days until the end of Silverlink Metro! ;yes;

The 313's will still be on the line on November 11th. Dont get over excited yet.

Meanwhile, ticket machines and Oyster readers are cropping up at stations on the NLL/GOB, I had a journey last night between Willesden Junction, Gospel Oak and Barking; so they look like they'll be ready for Oyster PAYG from Day 1 of the London Overground franchise.

The new tube map will include the Overground network as a set of Orange lines, Gospel Oak-Barking (GOB), Stratford-Richmond (NLL), Euston-Watford Junction DC (DC Line), Willesden Junction-Clapham Junction (WLL), and then from Summer 2010 the extended and reguaged East London Line from Dalston Junction-Crystal Palace, New Cross Gate & West Croydon via New Cross.
Reply 59
It'll be interesting to see what AXC will be like when they take over from Virgin. Although they were crap up north, and are crap in Wales [and I speak from experience, I believe the Aber-Brum run is the least punctual service in the UK, although if I am wrong please enlighten me!]. They seem to do well running intercity services in Eurpoe though, lets hope they can use their experience over there to good use here.

And I just did my first acceptance into this society! *feels important*

Quick Reply

Latest