The Student Room Group

Cramming 2nd year into 2 months?

Is this doable?

By "revising" I basically mean learn and revise. My exam is the first week of July and I literally know next to nothing. I am freaking out as my OSCE is in 2 weeks and I haven't started revising for it.

Should've worked harder this year but it's too late now... :/

Just feeling really overwhelmed and like utter crap. Yep this is a post at 3am after a mini-breakdown. :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by serani97
Is this doable?

By "revising" I basically mean learn and revise. My exam is the first week of July and I literally know next to nothing. I am freaking out as my OSCE is in 2 weeks and I haven't started revising for it.

Just feeling really overwhelmed and like utter crap. Yep this is a post at 3am after a mini-breakdown. :frown:

Pick out the areas that you struggle the most with conceptually and work on them. Set aside time for different topics i.e. Two hours on the embryology of the gut, and stick to your time. Even if you don't get through everything in that time, it's better to have a broad understanding of lots of topics than know loads about one.

If you can get some flashcards or questions to do, that would probably be helpful!

I don't know what your OSCEs are like, but in our preclinical ones the majority of marks are for examining your patient properly and taking a good history. If yours are like this, focus on being able to do those properly, as most of it is just remembering a sequence.

Remember that you do have two months! That's nearly 500 hours of revision if you work for 8 hours a day, so you're definitely not screwed. Make sure you plan your time well, and don't forget breaks, I'm sure that it's possible. In medicine you'll always be uncertain, but you might find that exam questions trigger things, even if you sit at home and feel like you don't know anything.
Original post by serani97
Is this doable?

You'll be fine, just pace yourself and revise hard, 2 months is a lot of time to be honest! 8 whole weeks :smile: I would prioritise the common and most important topics and then work through the rest in that order. Good luck!
2 months! That's plenty of time you will be fine! The key (and my regret 1 month ago now that I have 1 month left) is to start now so start now!!! Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending