The Student Room Group

What % of men who shave actually wet shave?

???
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NJA
???

I used to wet shave at first but it takes way too long. You have to constantly rinse the razor because the hairs get stuck between the blades after only like 2 or 3 strokes. With shaving cream you can do about half of your face before you need to rinse
I wet shave because I'm a classy gent with baby smooth cheeks

^ (sarcasm...or is it? :colone:)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 0to100

Original post by ForestShadow

OMD Thank you! :biggrin: I have finally graduated to Official Gentleman status. Hold on, straightening ma tie..
Original post by 0to100

lol
I use shaving gel.
Original post by TheEngineer12345
I used to wet shave at first but it takes way too long. You have to constantly rinse the razor because the hairs get stuck between the blades after only like 2 or 3 strokes. With shaving cream you can do about half of your face before you need to rinse

Agreed it takes bloody ages! Clogs up my sink as well
Are we talking about the face or the back, sack and crack?
Original post by Quantex
Are we talking about the face or the back, sack and crack?

Use scissors for the sack tbh. Careful though
Reply 10
Original post by NJA
???

I used to, but found it's much quicker to dry shave :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a recent dry shave convert. I reckon 65-70% wet shave.
Reply 12
Dry with electric razor is the most comfortable way.
Reply 13
I haven't shaved properly in 12 years.
I just use an electric stubble trimmer. Always set the length to 4mm, because this has been proven by polls and studies to be the most attractive length of facial hair on average and it looks good on me, so yeah :biggrin:
Original post by NJA
???

i use machine
Reply 16
69%
Reply 17
I use a trimming machine for my face and trim my facial hair. Everywhere else that I remove hair I shave:h:
I use a double edge razor.

A years supply of razors is £7. Shaving soap which lasts for ages is even cheaper. The lather isn't as pipe-clogging as shaving foam. It takes longer and you have to rinse a lot, the technique takes a while to master and you sometimes have to make multiple passes (as in, you have to shave 2 - 3 times for the closest shave). It's relaxing, and I can get a military standard shave in about 15 minutes (including shower and drying my hair).
Original post by gjd800
I haven't shaved properly in 12 years.

Like a true philosopher :beard:

Quick Reply

Latest