The Student Room Group

How do I transfer photos from my phone to my laptop?

I use a Sony Ericsson K700i. Yeah I know its 3 years old. :mad:

Anyway, I have lots of mug****s on my phone and I want to put them on Facebook. However when I try to send them to my email address it says 'connection failed'.

What does this mean? Does it mean my phone is not compatible with this type of command?

I used to be on contract phone, now I am on PAY-AS-YOU-GO, so is it possible that when I switched some elements of my phone will no longer work?

It's really annoying me now.

Scroll to see replies

Try Bluetooth file transfer
Reply 2
Bluetooth (if your phone has it) or a linking cable that goes from your phone to your laptop works fine.

:smile:
I don't have a linking cable. Is it possible to buy USB cables for a phone 3 years old?

And what software do I need to view the photos on my computer? :confused:
the pictures will be JPG format, so you don't need any software. But you may need software to transfer the images using a cable. Have a look on the Sony Ericsson site for info about your phone (and therefore, probably what transfer cable you need) and the PC software for your phone.
But why can't I email these pictures from my phone to my email address? Surely that is the way everyone does it?
Would my phone need to be MMS enabled?
I just bought a data cable from eBay for 1p. :biggrin:
Thanks for all the help. :rolleyes:

I have just plugged in my phone to my laptop via the data cable, and it says I need to install the software CD. :rolleyes: I knew this would happen, so why were so many ppl convinced that I could upload stuff without the CD?

Now what?!
As i said, have a look on the Sony Ericsson website. There's probably something there about your phone, and therefore, about downloads for your phone. If SE are anything like Nokia, there'll be a downloadable app that allows data transfer.

Which is what i said before.
Reply 10
Andy Pipkin
I knew this would happen, so why were so many ppl convinced that I could upload stuff without the CD?

Now what?!

Because you can. You can download drivers online for transferring the files.

This should do it.

Enjoy.

Oh, also, you can't use the email service until you've configured it correctly. Most networks don't do this for you, so you often have to do it yourself. Don't worry though, you won't be needing that now if all you want to do is transfer files.
Reply 11
via USB duffous...its simple..:smile:
Nope, nothing works. Even when I try to download the patch it just says that I need Vista. :confused:

I will just buy a new phone. :biggrin:
Reply 13
You need Vista? What OS have you got running on your laptop?
Xp :s
Yeah well that's what I downloaded. But it does not recognise my phone. It keeps saying no device is connected to the PC, which probably means that I have either downloaded the wrong software or my phone is too crap.
Reply 17
Did you try downloading the DCU-11 driver from the same page?
Or, it means that the 1p cable you bought doesn;t work. Which is what I'm betting on - non-authentic cables tend not to work very well.
is it possible to transfer photos from my mobile phone to my laptop by just using my phone number as I don't have a cable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending