The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow taught postgraduate / Scottish funding council question

I am a Scottish student, and I have been accepted to study a taught postgraduate programme at University of Glasgow that can be Scottish funding council funded. How do I go about applying to this? On the UoG website it says to apply on online applications, but I cannot see anywhere that I can do this. Also, I would like to do some reading over the summer, is there any way I can access module descriptors to see what I will actually be learning?
Reply 1
Hello!

I am a current postgrad at the UofG (not Scottish though). My personal advice would be for you to get in touch with the course coordinator for your degree of choice, and also email your enquiry to the email adress provided here: http://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/feesandfunding/scottish/

Best of luck!

Regards,
Yoana
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Yoana Iv.
Hello!

I am a current postgrad at the UofG (not Scottish though). My personal advice would be for you to get in touch with the course coordinator for your degree of choice, and also email your enquiry to the email adress provided here: http://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/feesandfunding/scottish/

Best of luck!

Regards,
Yoana

I did email the postgrad contact for the school, but they haven't replied to me and its been several weeks. was just posting here in the hope that someone knew the answer :smile:

Also, as you are a current student, do you know if the only way to access module descriptors is if you have a log in? like the student ID and password situation? or can anyone (i.e. non-students) access them?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi again,

You will most probably get a reply at some point, but I can imagine how annoying waiting can be. How about giving them a call? If you are in Glasgow, you can eventually speed up the process by coming down to the campus (Fraser building in particular) and ask the Student Services staff.

As for your other question, more detailed description is indeed availabe on MyGlasgow, but you surely need to be enroled to be able to get access. What is your programme/course of interest? There is a student group on Facebook called "All University of Glasgow students" - you can maybe reach someone who has already done it there (just post your questions and I am sure someone will reply shortly).

Good luck.

Regards,
Yoana
Reply 4
Original post by Yoana Iv.
Hi again,

You will most probably get a reply at some point, but I can imagine how annoying waiting can be. How about giving them a call? If you are in Glasgow, you can eventually speed up the process by coming down to the campus (Fraser building in particular) and ask the Student Services staff.

As for your other question, more detailed description is indeed availabe on MyGlasgow, but you surely need to be enroled to be able to get access. What is your programme/course of interest? There is a student group on Facebook called "All University of Glasgow students" - you can maybe reach someone who has already done it there (just post your questions and I am sure someone will reply shortly).

Good luck.

Regards,
Yoana

I'm not from Glasgow, no, and I went on to that Facebook group, but you need a UoG email address, which I don't have yet as I'm not enrolled. Oh well, I'll just have to wait and wait and wait :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending