The Student Room Group

Will engineering graduate schemes care much about my advanced highers?

I'm having a bit of a nightmare at the moment. I got 5As at higher last year and got unconditionals for all courses I applied for. It did inevitably mean I lost motivation to study throughout the year as I didn't feel I had anything to work towards.

Exams are coming up in the next week or so and I'm really starting to regret not having worked harder. Uni should be fine as I don't plan on doing second year entry, so it's just a case of working hard in first year.

However, will graduate schemes/employers care if I don't get As this year (providing I graduate with a good level of degree, have good experience etc.)? Will it reflect a bad image of me to the university that accepted me?
Nope, no one will care
Reply 2
Original post by Helloworld_95
Nope, no one will care

How about post-grad courses at a different institution? Would poor advanced highers lower chances of admission or would entering these be subject to degree level qualifications only?
Original post by mty10

How about post-grad courses at a different institution? Would poor advanced highers lower chances of admission or would entering these be subject to degree level qualifications only?

Again, no one's going to care about something you did 3-5 years ago when you've done more relevant and higher level stuff more recently. If anything a university is going to be even less interested in your Advanced Highers because they have a more vested interest in someone who copes well in the university environment.

Quick Reply

Latest