The Student Room Group
What do you mean, what 'kind' of cheque you should send? :s-smilie: I wasn't aware that there were different kinds.

If you already know your final grades, then they're not predicted grades, they're grades of exams you've already taken. :p: So treat them as such. You should have done the same on your UCAS form - just put everything you've done down on the form under 'completed qualifications' (or whatever it says).
Reply 2
You don't need to write predicted grades if you have them!
They can see what you have.

And I believe they want a cheque from a UK bank...but I could be wrong. Their website has details.
Reply 4
i have read the website before and could not find out what the cheque should be like, they don't say anything about EU students - whether they can also pay by cheque since the cheques don't have to be the same in all countries.

but i have one more question:
should the copies of qualifications i have (diplomas) be 'confirmed' by a notary?
unless you have a biiiigg account to a branch of a uk bank in your country, you can't send them a cheque. Go to a post office that sends international orders and see if they send to the uk as well (my country said they can't send to the uk). if either option doesn't apply to you, mail your college and tell them your ONLY way is to put 10 pounds in with your caf and send it to them. And then go to DHL and send your caf with it. this way you're sure that it gets there.

P.S i just sent the money as i couldn't send any cheque or postal order and it was fine, BUT let them know you do so
Reply 6
I'm from the Netherlands, and we don't even have cheques. And the postal office told me international postal orders do not exist anymore. So I asked my college, they told me to just send it cash.
Reply 7
I'm applying from Sweden. Asked my college about the CAF fee - they accept cash, but it's not recommended. My dad insisted on sending the fee as a cheque instead - it cost a bit more and it took some time, but it worked out.

Oh, we don't use cheques in Sweden either - why do Brits insist on being different?! They use cheques and drive on the wrong side of the road:p:

Anyway, I suggest you do this:

1) Contact the college you're applying to. If you're making an open application, get in touch with the Cambridge Admissions Office. Ask them if it's OK for you to send the fee in cash.
2) Go to your bank and tell them what you're going to do. They should be able to advise you. If it turns out that cheques are not an option, then just send it in cash. It's better than nothing:smile:
Haha I sent mine today with a 10 quid bill in the envelope (though hidden in between the papers :biggrin:). I hope they will accept that. Since it said "enclose 10 pounds with the CAF", I just assumed that they meant a bill.
Reply 9
I sent a bankdraft addressed to my college with my CAF.
I mailed the admissions office... They said it was perfectly fine to send bills

Latest

Trending

Trending