The Student Room Group

Which Cambridge colleges have good medical care and accommodate illness well?

I have (suspected) fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome - could be anything because I'm still not diagnosed. But I was wondering which colleges would be most mindful of that, if your choice of college affects how well tutors will make allowances for illness like extensions when necessary, which colleges have the most awareness of chronic conditions, etc.
I'm applying for HSPS (and would probably prefer colleges without an admissions test because I'm not sure if I want to take it yet).
Original post by TeaOnRice
I have (suspected) fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome - could be anything because I'm still not diagnosed. But I was wondering which colleges would be most mindful of that, if your choice of college affects how well tutors will make allowances for illness like extensions when necessary, which colleges have the most awareness of chronic conditions, etc.
I'm applying for HSPS (and would probably prefer colleges without an admissions test because I'm not sure if I want to take it yet).

Cam Uni disability support services will be responsible for accommodating your needs, my experience with them a few years back for interviews and applications was excellent. I would ping them an email and ask what kind of support would typically be available for fibro / chron fatigue and whether they would need a full diagnosis to put that support in place.

This includes any provisions they can put in for your interview / admissions test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending