The Student Room Group

Higher Business Management - 2017

Our exam is on the 16th of May how is everyone feeling about it? As for myself, I'm feeling very confident that I will do well in this exam.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James26488
Our exam is on the 16th of May how is everyone feeling about it? As for myself, I'm feeling very confident that I will do well in this exam.

Well at the moment I'm prioritising English as it's on Thursday so I'm yet to revise business, I'm hoping the weekend will give me enough time as I've prepared cue cards and it's just the case of looking over them and practicing past papers, however there is just so much to remember :/
Reply 2
Original post by sabrinaclark23
Well at the moment I'm prioritising English as it's on Thursday so I'm yet to revise business, I'm hoping the weekend will give me enough time as I've prepared cue cards and it's just the case of looking over them and practicing past papers, however there is just so much to remember :/

That is the same with me I am focusing on English for now and you are very right about it being a lot to be able to remember but hopefully, we can cover it by next week Tuesday.
That is the same with me I am focusing on English for now and you are very right about it being a lot to be able to remember but hopefully, we can cover it by next week Tuesday.

Yeah hopefully! Are you doing higher English?
Reply 4
Yeah hopefully! Are you doing higher English?

Yeah I'm doing higher English
Yeah I'm doing higher English

How's it going
Reply 6
Is it just me or was Higher Business very similar to National 5 in terms of coursework? It seems like an easy A to me, all you need to do is revise the notes and do a past paper or two. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Jm45qjm
Is it just me or was Higher Business very similar to National 5 in terms of coursework? It seems like an easy A to me, all you need to do is revise the notes and do a past paper or two. :smile:

Yeah, you just need to write more if anything
Reply 8
How's it going

It's going good I guess how's it going for you?
Reply 9
Original post by Jm45qjm

Yeah, it's been very similar they have just added in a few things to the course.
It's going good I guess how's it going for you?

It's going okay, I've left it quite last minute so I'm cramming :/ just hoping it's a good paper!
Original post by Jm45qjm

I completely agree! There is only some additional theory that you need to know, and the only thing that can be sort of challenging is the case study
I can never seem to hack the case study, for some reason it's always so much more challenging.

Also does anyone has any resources for the higher past papers? I found some on the SQA website up to 2012 but that's about it.
Reply 13
Definitely agree that the hardest thing about this exam for me is just going to be remembering all of the course content on the day; I've got a feeling some of the stuff just isn't going to be there in my head when I need it to be! And for past paper Qs, I've got a booklet of them somewhere so I'll try and find it and post it here tomorrow 👌🏻
Never forget to link back! Something I didn't do much and that's how I lost out in section 1, in the Prelim, knowing the course is not problem for me. Just knowing how to write the answers with a good structure.

In the Prelim I got 57% and after teaching myself more on command words and structuring answer I got 80% in a practice paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by 06MacDonaldA5
Never forget to link back! Something I didn't do much and that's how I lost out in section 1, in the Prelim, knowing the course is not problem for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean by link back, is it just making your answer relevant to the case study or?
My teacher referred it to linking back, but I'm sure you'll do a great job as long as its relevant to case study
Original post by ar_307
What do you mean by link back, is it just making your answer relevant to the case study or?
Hello all!

I'm crashing this subject and I am finding it very challenging as there is so much content. I'm a bit nervous for the exam since I didn't do so well in the prelim but I'm trying to keep on a positive mindset!

Also, how are you meant to structure your answers? In bullet points or paragraphs? Which is the preferred way?
Oh and do you need to remember the different economic policies?
Original post by dsdemona
Oh and do you need to remember the different economic policies?

What do you mean by economic policies?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending